Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one false start rule is going to be a major

disaster sooner or later.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    True word sah. Bangarang if Bolt, VCB, or SAF false start!
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

It ruff..remember the days of 3???

Comment

VCB did pick in France and was thrown out of the race, you forgot?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Look like I forgot or I am getting mixed up with SAF. I think I remember SAF getting kicked out.

Still if you salt then you salt. I also remember another Jamaican Johnson (Canada) getting kicked out of an indoor race and then the replay showed that he had hear the gun and reacted to it but his reaction was faster than what was though possible.

I remember one year when I was in Canada, there were mulitple false in an Olympic finals. Jamaican born Christie (Britain) was kicked out the race and I think Jamaican Born Bailey (Canada) won it.

I believe that we have 1st and 2nd place locked up in both 100m so lets pray that if one gets kicked out then the other will win.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Well its a good thing I said it early because it would sound like I was forming my opinion after the fact.

Its an absolutely stupid rule and needs to be scrapped.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The other won!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Two British athletes also DQ earlier.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

100 Metres Men - Final Results

http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByD...etM_100_hash_f
                  Last edited by Karl; August 28, 2011, 08:05 AM. Reason: Corrections
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ah boy...Islandman...yu called it....we have to decide what the crowd wants....now they have all kinds of electronic sensors etc...even in the semis...was it Chambers that got pulled for just shaking on the blocks?

Comment

Yeah it was Chambers. Now how can that make sense? Any athlete could be nervous in a final and twitch in thier blocks,and you throw him out the race for that?

At least Bolt really false started. If he had got disquallified for moving in the blocks I would have been really ********ed.

Comment

Most depressing DQ was by a Jamaican Women's 400 m relay...was a sure medal...can't remember when. See if you can find it in the archives fi me.

Comment

Its ruff!

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            I'man yuh put Usain foot inna yuh Goat Mout
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                              Look like I forgot or I am getting mixed up with SAF. I think I remember SAF getting kicked out.

Still if you salt then you salt. I also remember another Jamaican Johnson (Canada) getting kicked out of an indoor race and then the replay showed that he had hear the gun and reacted to it but his reaction was faster than what was though possible.

I remember one year when I was in Canada, there were mulitple false in an Olympic finals. Jamaican born Christie (Britain) was kicked out the race and I think Jamaican Born Bailey (Canada) won it.

I believe that we have 1st and 2nd place locked up in both 100m so lets pray that if one gets kicked out then the other will win.

That was 1996 OLY in Atlanta - I was there.
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X