In the current Windies setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the current Windies setup

in any format of the game, can we afford a keeper who cannot bat(make runs) (Carlton Baugh), or should we go for a batsman who can keep (a la Lendl Simmons)?

I'm now thinking the latter.
    Peter R

If we want a keeper who not great at batting, Ramdin should be the choice every time. Not even sure how Carlton get mention.

Comment

Carlton is the example especially as he is the test keeper... Ramdin had not been doing anything with the bat that's why he was dropped.. I'm sure you know this. My question would really include both of these keepers currently in favour (unless Ramdin starts to come good)... why not use Simmons (for example) who can keep and shore up the batting? that's where we reach!
      Peter R

Comment

Ramdin should be the test keeper everytime. Can't afford no whole heap of drop catches with this West Indies team. One day and 20/20 it should be Simmons.

Comment

Should we keep a captain who can't bat nor bowl?

Comment

...or set a field...

Comment

The WICB seems to think so!

He has a decent record as a bowler in Tests... 30, but he really is taking up the spot of a real bowler and his batting is not stellar to be kind... based on his performance if he were not captain he would be dropped... WICB joking wid dis ting!
              Peter R

Comment

definitely should not be in the ODI team!!
                Peter R

Comment

or any team.

Comment

Working...
                  X