RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gayle Xs Somerset contract to play for Windies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gayle Xs Somerset contract to play for Windies!!

Statement by Chris Gayle:

"I wish to advise that as of today, May 2nd, 2012, I have written to Somerset CC and advised them that I will not be honouring the commitment I made to them when I signed a contract with them for the 2012 Friends Provident Championship. I made it clear to them that my decision was made because of my commitment to West Indies cricket and to West Indies cricket fans, and because: “...I believe that it is time for the WICB to make a decision which will provide a clearer view of my own future.”

I understand that by making this decision, it may place me in a position of considerable risk, since I am foregoing a signed contract, without any guarantees whatsoever, with only the hope that I will be selected to play for the West Indies again.

I have now satisfied all of the requests of the WICB and their selection panel, with whom I met via teleconference yesterday, and to whom I reiterated previous assurances given to the Board regarding my availability. So that there is no doubt, I confirmed to the selectors that I was available for West Indies duty in all forms of cricket, immediately following the conclusion of my contractual obligations to my IPL franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore.

This has been a difficult time, and I wish to sincerely thank everyone who has supported me, my family and friends, and in particular cricket fans worldwide who have continued to show appreciation for me wherever I have played. I look forward to once again putting on the maroon, and resuming my international career and my service to West Indies cricket."
    (Wiplayers.com)

lets see what the wicb comes up with.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Him might fail Otis fitness test

To be fair to the board, (and this is all Hilaire had to have said) they do not make selections, the selectors do (although the Board presumably can give a directive as guidance). It would be unprecedented to name a player for the tour before the team (in this case ODI and T20) has been annnounced... but IMO barring injury THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT that CG is a MUST pick for the ODIs and T20s...

Without making his email public (The Board did not CG) and one has to wonder why they did... Hilaire could have stated the board policy on selection but as the same time reassure Gayle of his status, privately, and none of this would be out in the open AGAIN...

Makes you want to believe in conspiracy theories...
      Peter R

Comment

the interesting thing is that they were complaining that gayle was breaking his promise to break his agreement with somerset ... rife with irony and hypocrisy all rolled up in a veggie wrap!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

if rampaul pass it ......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

ok... since the wicb want to play in the public square, chris put it out there for public consumption... lets see what the wicb will do now... what other excuse they will invent...

i like the way chris let the world know that he is giving up surety fi unsurety and him satisfy all dem requirements...

i still believe sammy and gibson tell the wicb they dont want chris in de team and that is de reason why wicb put up suh much resistance...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I don't think Chris is who leaked his email to the board from what I heard on Sportmax zone... it was the board... the way they interpreted CG's email back-fired becasue they thought HE would look bad if the leaked it... that's what i understood from what I saw.
              Peter R

Comment

and that would be consistent with hilaire's MO. he is a fiasco or has been where this issue is concerned.

Comment

Yu si mi?

Comment

Now the idiot Skipper saying how Gayle coming to a new setup of hard work and hopes he fits in.....yu really this guy?????

Comment

Dem cyaaan do him nutten now.

Is war yuh want Jakans declare war.

We hot fi pull outta di featheration arready!

Comment

The downside is that he broke the Somerset contract... he had signed it prior to this "reconciliation"... and Somerset and its fans aren't happy it seems... tickets were bought with the expectation of seeing Gayle... it remains to be seen if Somerset will take any action.
                        Peter R

Comment

He should put in a free benefits appearance with them to ease the disappoint ment.

Comment

i doubt that there will be much to it as it seems gayle and someset were always talking and maybe a compromise may be reached otherwise for his services in the future ... let's see

Comment

I just heard: Somerset consulted their legal advisor and (amicably) have decided not to sue Gayle for breach of contract they've wished him well... saying it is in no one's interest to pursue the matter further....
                              Last edited by Peter R; May 4, 2012, 05:58 PM.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X