Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle Down Everyone...Asafa...

was just suffering from "jet log"

Just flew in from Jamaica and do 9.88 with jet log I'm happy... Next weekend it's a different ball game..

let jog ..... mussi suh .....

who him running against next week? btw .... based on how him look after the race, him look very concern tuh mi!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

DOHA, Qatar -- American Justin Gatlin nipped Jamaica's Asafa Powell at the line to win the 100 meters in a time of 9.87 seconds at the season-opening Diamond League meet on Friday.
      Powell got off to the faster start but Gatlin pulled even and managed to get his head in front as they crossed the line.

"This is fastest I ever opened up my career," said Gatlin, who dedicated the win to son Jace on his second birthday.
      American Allyson Felix won the 100 with a meet record of 10.92, edging her Jamaican rival and reigning world 200 champion Veronica Campbell-Brown by 0.02 seconds.
      Gatlin tied Powell's world record in Doha six years ago, but the result was erased when he was caught doping a few weeks later. Gatlin tested positive for excessive levels of testosterone, which led to a four-year ban.

Gatlin and Powell are gearing up for the London Games. Olympic champion Usain Bolt skipped the meet, along with Tyson Gay of the United States, who is recovering from injury.
      "I just showed I have a lot of grit and a lot of competition in these old legs," Gatlin said. "I want to come back and show the world I can run to the line with the best of them."
      Powell, who has lost to Gatlin seven times in 10 meetings, said he wouldn't let it happen the next time.

"I cannot complain about my time -- 9.88 is a good time," he said. "I am still feeling the jet lag, so I cannot say I was 100 percent ready. I will surely go for gold at the Olympics."
      Felix, who may run the 200 and 400 meters at the London Games, showed she is starting the season in shape. Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was third.

"I know my speed was coming on and I was just focused on putting it together technically, so it was pretty cool to come in here and win," said Felix, who has won more races than any athlete in Doha.
      Campbell-Brown, who had beaten Felix in all five of their previous 100 races, said she "could improve" and would "keep working until the Olympics."
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The race http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=463y6tEbBsQ#!
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

a early out, huh baddah stress it. When di big ting come an him look suh den a diffran story dat.

Comment

Cho man. Unno too weak heart.

No stomach for bakkle.

All when undo si ringcraft undo caan pick up di rake.

The bad news for Gatlin is that he is WIC at 60m and was comprehensively dispatch to 60m. Asafa first flat event for the year, after the botched relay leg at Utech and still after the long travel he was able to put down a 9.88s. Asafa look heavy like the incredible hulk and huh start taper yet.. Chubble. Under immense training load and was back at training in Jamaica on Sunday.

Check him against Bolt in Rome in a couple weeks...month end.

If he stays injury free, he will be in the mix. Gatlin look like him ah peak already, ah try get sponsor and mek Amerika team! LoL

Soldier up people.

Comment

Ah Willi, "ever present, ever faithful, ever sure"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sometimes wrong, never in doubt!

LoL

Read up di ringcraft though. It is there for all to see if you study well.

And is not just about Asafa neidah.

Come trials, Gatlin aggo deh behind Nesta and likely even Frater, neither of whom likely to qualify fi a flat event.

Gatlin better pray seh TG injured and that Rodgers and Patton nuh step up, cause dat is 4 contenders already and we nuh count Dix yet.

Comment

Working...
                X