RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London 2012: Is track & field dying in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And according to you Mo Green , Linford Christie, Alan Wells and Hasley Crawford were all the most important athletes in the world for 4 years.

You on crack or what?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Who is the most important athlete in the world as we speak?

Comment

lol
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Can you define "important" so there is some objective basis to this?
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes Island. Brickie is right this time. Without a doubt, Bolt is the most influential athlete/sports personality in the world today. Endosrements and earnings not withstanding.

Let us say for instance, Bolt wanted the false-start rule changed after his World Championship mishap, I do strongly believe that the IOC would change the rule, or at least strongly consider it. This is just my gut feeling. I dont know of any other athlete in the world today who would have that influence over a governing body.

Comment

He is the biggest Star in the biggest sporting event this year.. Bolt is King..

Can you imagine for example World Cup being a flop because one player drop out ?

Such is his star power... probably unprecedented.. can't recall a similar occurrence...

Comment

Do you concede the original debate, that the 100m champ is not by definition the most important athlete in the world?

Let's settle that first then we can debate the special case of Bolt.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Do you concede the original debate, that the 100m champ is not by definition the most important athlete in the world?

Let's settle that first then we can debate the special case of Bolt.
                  No I do not. Now who is the most important athlete in the world?

Comment

Well no point continuing then. If you believe that me caan help you.

Comment

You make a statement then are unable to back it up...if the 100M Olympic champion is not the most important figure in world sport then who is? You can definitively tell me who isn't the most important...can you tell me who is the most important?

Comment

No, I think you made a statement , not me.

The. 100m Oly champ is not even always the most important figure in track and field,much less all of sport.

I can tell you that Hasley Crawford was not the most important figure in track from 76-80, I can tell you that Linford Christie was not the most important figure in track from 92-96. Hence your statement is ridiculous.

As to who is the most important figure in world sports, since 2008 it has been at different times Bolt, Messi, and Tiger just to name 3. As I have said Bolt is special so he has far more importance than the typical 100m Oly champ. In fact even if he loses the 100m this year he will still be the most important. Maybe only Jesse Owens has been more important over the last 100 years.

But we define importance differently so the debate is pointless.
                        Last edited by Islandman; May 20, 2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          As to who is the most important figure in world sports, since 2008 it has been at different times Bolt, Messi, and Tiger just to name 3. As I have said Bolt is special so he has far more importance than the typical 100m Oly champ.
                          Okay...so Messi and Tiger are the typical football and golf champions?

Comment

Messi is great but has not got bigger than football the way Tiger and Bolt have done for their sports.

If Bolt had the marketing muscle behind him that those guys have he would be in another league in terms of importance...in my view. What he has done given the corporations that back him is really amazing.

Comment

Not in Dallas fort worth or anywhere in Texas that I can see.

Comment

Yes Historian. If Bolt is not the most important /influential athlete /sports personality in the world, then who is?. I can't think of anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X