... and Richardson NOT picked for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and Richardson NOT picked for

even the A team ... Antiguan McClean (graduate of HPC - (where the brainwashing takes place and seems that if you don't go there you don't get considered) replaces Best.
    Peter R

yuh finally sight di rake ? how it pay fah ?

<“Having spoken to Tony Howard and Toby Radford about what the High Performance represents, we are limited by numbers. I believe we can only have about 15 players who will be based at the High Performance Centre but what we are trying to create here is a sort of hub for West Indies cricket,” Gibson asserted.>

Comment

The majority of Nobel Prize winners in America never went a Ivy League school...
      Peter R

Comment

Are you sure about that?. You may want to do a quick fact-check Pete.

Comment

No, I'm not sure at all but it sound good...

I do remember reading/hearing somewhere though that a surprising number of Nobel prize winners did not attend Ivy League schools... I will do a fact check as you suggest.
          Peter R

Comment

Check this site. Assuming it's correct, they agree with me on the last 25 Nobel winners up to 2010.

They also cite the last 25 (up to that date) Nobel laureates in Chemistry...same thing.

http://luxurygogreen.blogspot.com/20...rgraduate.html
            Peter R

Comment

JAMAICAN pace bowler Andrew Richardson expressed
              disappointment and bewilderment at not being chosen to replace the injured Shannon Gabriel in the West Indies squad currently engaged in the Test series against hosts England.
              RICHARDSON … I’m trying not to think about it too much, but it is kind of hard for a player not knowing where he is
              1/1
              The 24-year-old Gabriel sustained a back injury during his debut Test at Lord’s a few days ago and has returned to the West Indies to undergo rehabilitation.
              The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) selectors opted for Barbadian Tino Best to fill the fast bowling void for the second Test, which starts tomorrow at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
              Richardson, who was the top seam bowler in the regional four-day championship with 26 wickets in eight matches at an average of 17.92, insisted that though he is “very disappointed”, he will remain a hard worker.
              “Naturally I’m very disappointed that I didn’t get that call. I tried very hard for Jamaica over the course of the season and I’ll continue working hard. The nonselection puzzles me, but I have to go on. I still have a future ahead of me and I’m still a University student,” said the 30-year-old, who is also the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) secretary.
              The selection of Best, who bowled wonderfully during the Caribbean Twenty20 (T20) tournament, ahead of Richardson, came as a surprise to many, given Richardson’s superior showing in the fourday competition.
              Best, also 30, did well in patches, but was at times erratic in taking 17 wickets at 20.64 in five matches.
              Richardson’s wickets helped Jamaica to a historic fifth straight title and in the final of the championship against Barbados he took five wickets in the first innings to propel the perennial winners to a dramatic victory.
              Best took only one wicket and gave up over four runsper-over in the grand finale.
              With the other outright fast bowlers on tour in England — Ravi Rampaul, Fidel Edwards and Kemar Roach — not above the six-foot mark, the physically imposing Richardson was also tipped to be a better option ahead of the five-foot eight-inch Best.
              Both speedsters are experienced campaigners and Richardson is familiar with the English conditions with his extensive time spent on the club circuit and forays with the West Indies team to England in 2009.
              On that tour Richardson did not feature in any of the two Test matches, but grabbed six wickets at 26.66 in two warmup matches.
              Later that year Richardson was selected for the home series against Bangladesh, but pulled out due to the player strike that resulted from a dispute between WIPA and the WICB.
              The former West Indies Under-19 bowler, who has been beset by two serious back injuries since he was a teenager, shared that given his good showings, he wished the Board would let him know why he was not picked.
              “I’m trying not to think about it too much, but it is kind of hard for a player not knowing where he is. I’m much stronger, more flexible and I’m also mentally tougher than I was before, so I think I’m ripe at the moment. But no one (from the WICB) has come to me and let me know where I stand,” he said.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1vmlyRPEv

Comment

best is 5'8"? in 2 inch heels maybe .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is the WICB anti Jamaica?

Comment

sherlock holmes once told watson (and i am paraphrasing) when you have investigated a matter, considered the evidence and discounted the possibilities, whatever you are left with, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

To paraphrase Gamma's paraphrase of Sherlock "...empirical evidence strongly suggests..."

The team that has won five straight regional four day competitions (RFDC)has only one person on the Test side?? and the RFDC is supposed to be the standard by which the test side is picked??? go figure... meanwhile TT which won the T20 competition had (justifiably) at least five in the ODIs and T20s... hmmmmm something just doesn't compute
                      Peter R

Comment

Wright on time? ... Local boss lashes J’can omissions from WI setup

BY SANJAY MYERS Observer staff reporter
                        Friday, May 25, 2012

Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA) president Lyndel Wright has called on the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) selectors to explain why more Jamaicans have not been chosen in the senior or 'A' Team squads.

Wright, who is also a WICB director, yesterday told the Jamaica Observer that the JCA is "dissatisfied and disappointed" that some Jamaican players have been overlooked for subsequent regional squads and added that clarification is needed.
                        WRIGHT... We would like to hear from chairman of selectors Clyde Butts as to why so few Jamaicans are in the senior and ‘A’ Team set-ups

WRIGHT... We would like to hear from chairman of selectors Clyde Butts as to why so few Jamaicans are in the senior and ‘A’ Team set-ups

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
                        1/1

"We would like to hear from chairman of selectors Clyde Butts as to why so few Jamaicans are in the senior team and 'A' Team set-ups. The JCA is dissatisfied and disappointed that we have a number of players doing well who have not been selected," he said in an exasperated tone.
                        Jamaica are currently the toast of the region after winning the WICB four-day title five times in as many years. The country also won the Super50 limited-overs championship late last year and lost in the final of the Caribbean Twenty20 (T20) tournament in January.
                        Batsman Marlon Samuels, who missed the four-day tournament due to overseas engagements, is the lone Jamaican on the current West Indies Test tour of England, while the stylish Donovan Pagon and all-rounder Nkrumah Bonner have both been selected to face India 'A' in the home series that begins next week.
                        The powerfully-built Andrew Richardson topped the fast bowling charts in the just-concluded four-day competition with 26 wickets at an impressive average of 17.92, but has been ignored for the England tour.
                        Eyebrows were raised in some quarters that Barbadian Tino Best, not Richardson, was picked to replace the injured pacer Shannon Gabriel for the second Test which is scheduled to start today (5:00 am Jamaica time) at Trent Bridge.
                        Neither left-arm orthodox slow bowler Nikita Miller, who led all bowlers with 49 victims at an astounding 10.75, and his wrist-spinning ally Odean Brown, who was fifth overall with 36 at 14.94 per wicket, could even secure 'A' team spots.
                        Middle-order batsman Brendan Nash, who was recently critical of the structure of cricket in the region, scored 381 runs in five matches at 63.50, but the left-hander, now playing for Kent in the County Championship, has not been recalled to the senior team.
                        The athletic all-rounder David Bernard, a former 'A' team captain, snatched 24 wickets at 16.00 and made 295 runs at 21.07. He too, has been overlooked.
                        Wright insisted that the JCA is not trying to force the hands of the selectors, but reasoned that with so many players integral to Jamaica's success, there should be more room for them in West Indies' squads.
                        "We are not telling the selectors how to do their jobs, but it seems odd, considering how well these players did. We think that they ought to be considered and picked.
                        "Just look what they have achieved over the years, and this year, especially, with the historic fifth straight four-day title," said the former national leg-spinning all-rounder.
                        Butts, a former Guyana and West Indies spinner, shares the three-member selection panel with Jamaican Robert Haynes and Barbadian Courtney Browne

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1vscvrmpD

Comment

Him don hear seh dem nuh waan nuh Don inna de side?? :steuups:
                          Peter R

Comment

Dem mussi tink sey Jamaicans too disruptive...to the flow of tings...

Comment

yuh blame dem ?

Comment

Working...
                              X