X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt says movements in starting blocks unsettled him

PAUL A REID Observer Writer reidp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bolt...movements in blocks unsettled him.
    1/1
    DOUBLE World Record holder Usain Bolt said movements in the blocks next to him in both the semis and finals of the men's 100m on Friday’s second day of the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships, unsettled him.
    In both races Bolt had poor starts and had to run down the leaders, Michael Frater in the semis and Yohan Blake and Asafa Powell in the finals.
    While he managed to catch Frater in the semis, he could not reel in Blake in the finals and just managed to get past a hobbling Powell who was third in 9.88 seconds just behind Bolt’s 9.86 seconds while Blake won in a new personal best 9.75 seconds.
    In post race interviews, his first of the weekend, Bolt admitted he needs work on the first part of his race if he is to win, "it is kinda hard to run down people like Asafa and Blake, with his top end speed, but for me to get left in the blocks like that is really bad"
    Bolt said in the finals he saw Nesta Carter beside him flinch, "I lost focus and when the gun went I was not focussed,” and in the semi-finals “the guy next to me moved and it threw me off; I see these guys in my peripheral vision and it is kinda hard to ignore them so when they move its gonna throw me off a little bit and I got left and when I get left it is hard."
    He was full of praise for Blake however calling him a class runner.
    "Yohan is a class runner without a doubt and I have said it over the year that he is one of the best so for me its just one of those things."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1zJqJSSFM

Mi have piece a prime land down a Riverton fi sell yuh...

Comment

Sounds plausible....no?

Comment

mi av piece a east norbrook.........u want to barter?

Comment

Not when U know better...

Comment

Working...
          X