As the World Turns..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the World Turns..

<Simms said last week that, after feeling the hamstring tightness, Bolt had decided not to race flat out during the Jamaican trials for fear of causing further damage.

“He had a slightly tight hamstring during the trials and that’s why possibly he didn’t push as hard as he could have,” said Simms. “He was just protecting that. The main thing at the trials was to get through and get on the team for the Olympic Games.

“His coach decided that he needs to get a little bit of massage and treatment on that and rest up, and then train again hard next week so that he’s ready for the Olympic Games.”

Blake, the world 100m champion and a fellow member of the Racers Track Club in Kingston, took advantage of Bolt’s problem by beating him into second place in both the 100m and 200m.

Bolt’s trip to Germany to visit the doctor who is nicknamed ‘Healing Hans’ fueled the injury speculation but Simms insisted it was a routine check-up that had been booked long before the trials.>

That was very lucky of Blake !

He looked like he was running flat out to me.

Comment

I agree and Bolt was grimacing down the stretch of the 200m when he could not pass Blake.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

That was pain...

Comment

Bolt visists Hans 4 times a year or more. Him was dere in April, remember?

Comment

Trials and Olys are 1 month apart. Too much time to interpolate results.

My take is that Bolt will win the 100m and likely lose the 200m in a close finish.

I feel that Blake will will Bronze and gold in the 100m and 200m and Gold in the relay.

Comment

Bolt to lose his pet event? I think not. I hope not.

Comment

Blake dont have a start, but great speed endurance. Bigger threat guh 200m.

Comment

mi ah get a likkle dark over di disrispek now..

Defending 100m World Champion and 100 and 200 National Champion.. World Leading times in 100 and 200..

Time unnuh start show propah rispec cause mi nah guh easy pon nuhbaddy when di dust sekkle..

Comment

Well World Champion without Bolt in the race....100 and 200 against two injured fastest men...context, context, context. Yes, he ran well and decent times but don't get carried away.

Comment

These guys luv talk foolishness! Bolt ran 'flat-out'!

Let us hope in the short time left he can improve significantly!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Decent ??

World leading...

unnuh continue.. mi nah sorry fi none ah yuh..

Comment

If him not in 19.3 form him not winning, pet event or not.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Re: Context

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                            Well World Champion without Bolt in the race....100 and 200 against two injured fastest men...context, context, context. Yes, he ran well and decent times but don't get carried away.
                            Lol at “Decent Time.”

Boss, you call 9.75 seconds a “decent” time (lol)? Only THREE men in history have ever gone faster than 9.75 (Bolt, Gay and Powell).

You forgot Blake’s 19.26 seconds in Brussels last year? If that was Beijing, Blake would have set a world record. That is the second fastest 200-meter ever ran by a human. Don’t underrate this youngster.

My wish though is that Asafa Powell wins that 100-meter gold medal. He would certainly deserve it, and many Jamaicans would be happy for the man who started this renaissance among our men.

Comment

OK...better than decent...lol...was thinking of the collective times he ran this year...I respect Blake, just want Muadib to tone it dwn a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X