RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in times....Grace Jackson winning the 200m...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in times....Grace Jackson winning the 200m...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...fY3pVX6n8&NR=1

Lol lol

Exile, the sarcasm in your title line is noted….Lol….Thanks for the laugh this morning.

I remember back in 1988 watching that Seoul Olympics 200-meter race. I also clearly remember my eyes following Grace and thinking, “If only Flo Jo wasn’t there!” I was so angry, although at that time I did not suspect Flo Jo of any questionable practices!

Nevertheless, I felt a genuine sense of regret on that morning in 1998 when I picked up a newspaper and saw the news of Flo Jo’s death. Her times were/are most definitely questionable, and I regard the women’s 100-meter record in particular as the most impossible track and field record to break!

But back to Grace Jackson. She was a superb runner, and my third favorite Jamaican female sprinter by the start of the 1990s behind Ottey and Cuthbert. The results of the women’s 200-meter final at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona seemed to justify the order of my preference, although Cuthbert beat Ottey in that race. I never learnt why Grace didn’t run a better 200-meter race in Barcelona.

But let me leave Barcelona, because each time I end up on the subject of Jamaica’s 4x100-meter women’s relay team….

Comment

Shhh.....

Comment

Working...
      X