Jamaican born Dunn has positive drug test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican born Dunn has positive drug test

Debbie Dunn, who made the 2012 U.S. Olympic team in the pool of runners for the 4 x 400-meter relay, tested positive for the likely presence of an anabolic steroid at the 2012 U.S. Olympic trials.

Dunn, 34, of Norfolk, Va., finished fourth in the 400 meters at the trials. She was the 2010 indoor world champion in the 400.

In a statement sent after the Tribune revealed the positive, Dunn said she was withdrawing from the Olympic team. She said the test revealed an elevated testosterone / epitestosterone level, which generally indicates testosterone, an anabolic steroid, has been added exogenously.

“I have been informed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agencythat a sample I gave at the U.S. Olympic Trials contains an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone level," Dunn's statement said. "While I work with USADA to resolve this matter, I am withdrawing from my relay pool position for the 2012 Olympic Games. I do not want any issue like this to distract from my teammates’ focus for the biggest meet of their lives. I wish Team USA best in London as I work toward resolving this matter."

USADA chief executive Travis Tygart said in a statement to the Tribune that analysis of the sample Dunn gave at the Olympic trials also indicated an adverse carbon isotope ratio, which is used to determine whether exogenous testosterone is present.

“In response to Ms. Dunn’s statements, USADA appreciates Ms. Dunn voluntarily removing herself from the Olympic team while the full facts surrounding her elevated T/E ratio and adverse carbon isotope ratio analysis (CIR) are evaluated," Tygart said. "We are currently processing the B sample, and as in all cases all athletes are innocent until and unless proven otherwise through the established full, fair legal process which was approved by athletes, the U.S. Olympic Committee, and all Olympic sports organizations.”

A testosterone / epi ratio over 4:1 is considered elevated. In most men, the ratio is 1:1, and it is less than 1:1 in women.

Dunn was on the 2012 Olympic team list announced Tuesday by the U.S. Olympic Committee.

USA Track & Field spokesperson Jill Geer said it was not yet clear whether Dunn could be replaced on the Olympic team. Rosters were submitted four days ago.

"Debbie Dunn took the appropriate measures by proactively withdrawing from the Olympic Team," USATF chief executive Max Siegel said in a statement. "At this point, her case is being handled by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which will adjudicate the matter."

"While I work with USADA to resolve this matter...". Ah bway...

Comment

Yeah..whenever dem test positive dem is "Jamaican born", Jamaican trained", "Jamaican great grand mother"....

Comment

What exactly is your motive? Why do you constantly go out of your way to annoy and stir people up? We all know or most of us already know that she is Jamaican-born, but nowhere in the article this is mentioned. Why are you trying to stain us? Debbie Dunn has never embraced her Jamaican heritage (to my knowledge) or ever indicated that she wanted to represent us. Why do you see it as your responsibility to inform John Public that she is Jamaican-born? That's what they did to Ben Johnson which casted all sort of doubts to all of our hard working athletes and trainers. I guess if Sanya Richards-Ross is found to be taking drugs, you would be the first to say Jamaican-born.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

She is Jamaican born...a so de ting set...maybe he's pre-empting the news...

Comment

Check the history of his T&F posts.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

why are you upset ? isn't it a FACT?

Comment

relevance of that fact to the story ? why yuh never tell wi some oddah fact.. like her waist size ?

Comment

why it is not "relevant" ?

Comment

Because she never run fi Jamaica yet and has denied us medals on the track.

Comment

In order words "wi dis-own har"?

Comment

lol.........so that change the FACT she was BORN HERE

BTW.......it was rjr reporting that she IS Jamaican born...then I googled the article

cyaa bada with the argument
                        Last edited by Skeng DX; July 13, 2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

5th columnist.

She chose her bad, so she should lie in it.

Same fi Sanya.

Mi nah powda...dem tek food offa wi table. LoL

Comment

No it does not, but in other words, who cares. She dead to me athletically speaking! LoL

Comment

But it works both ways - ain't it!

I see people succeeding in other aspects of life, who live in other parts of the world and it is reported as:

Jamaican born -

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-city-of-MoBay
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X