RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican -Conroy Black to the Oakland raiders!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican -Conroy Black to the Oakland raiders!!!!!

Son of Kenneth 'skeng don' Black

http://www.raiders.com/team/roster/C...0-3be973a2ce35

Almost immediately after the draft, the Raiders signed a CB prospect Conroy Black, a 6'0" 182 prospect out of Utah. Black played at Fullerton College in 2008 where he was a team captain and had 17 solo tackles, one INT returned for a TD and 3 pass breakups.

In 2009 he moved to Utah and had a redshirted year. He played for the Utes in both 2010 and 2011 starting 13 of the 26 games in which he played. He ended his time in Utah ammasing 58 total tackles, 1 sack and 5 interceptions in those two years.

He is on Twitter @MrPrimtime9

Interview
    Q: What is your home town/state?

Black: My hometown is Broward County, Florida. This is where I grew up and have lived most of my life.

Q: Did you root for a particular NFL team growing up? Who? Why?

Black: My NFL team growing up was between two teams, the Dallas Cowboys because of Deion Sanders which was my favorite player and the Tampa Bay Bucs because I just loved their defense.

Q: Did you have an idol growing up? Who?

Black: My Idol growing up was Deion Sanders because he too was from florida and that was just my favorite player and idol growing up until now.

Q: What are your strengths as a player? What do you bring to the team?

Black: My strengths as a player is my overall passion for the game as I love what I do and just my athletic ability as a player and my man cover skills as a corner. I think I bring a lot to the team because of my ability to play special teams and cornerback and because I was someone that went under the radar, so in the end I can become a great value as a player for the Raiders organization.

Q: Why did you choose the Raiders as a free agent?

Black: I chose the Raiders as a free agent because the Raiders showed me a lot of interest during the whole process and I felt like this was the perfect team and system for me to grow in and become the player that I know that I can become.

Q: Do you know anyone currently on the squad or coaching staff? What did
    they tell you about the team?

Black: I only know a couple players on the team now, who will be rookies just like me, as Tony Bergstrom was my teammate at Utah and Brandon Carswell trained at the same place as I did before pro day at Evo Sports in Long Beach, CA.

Q: Did you have any visits with the Raiders – in Alameda, at a pro day,
    at the Combine or Senior Bowl? What was it like?

Black: Yes, the Raiders flew me out for a visit to Alameda right before the draft so that was a great experience and now at least I'm familiar with the facility.

Q: What hobbies do you have away from football?

Black: Honestly I don't have many hobbies outside of football, all I do is watch and play football all day everyday. I do like to play basketball from time to time though.

Q: Which NFL player do you compare your skill set with?

Black: I've often felt like my NFL skill set is like the ones of Antonio Cromartie but I still feel there are differences in our game.

Q: Is there anything you'd like Raider Nation to know about you? Is there anything you'd like to say to Raider Nation?

Black: I just want Raider Nation to know that I will always be ready to play and compete and that I look forward to being a part of a great organization and fan base. I can't wait to play in the "Black Hole"!

57 yard interception @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ibPiDWwWc

Comment

Working...
    X