RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big man ready..camp worries...weather good..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big man ready..camp worries...weather good..

Bolt: I Am Ready To Defend My Titles

BIRMINGHAM, England:With just two weeks to go before he looks to repeat his triple gold medal feat from four years ago, 100m and 200m world record holder Usain Bolt can hardly wait to get his London Olympic campaign off and running.

Bolt, who arrived in Birmingham for Jamaica's pre-Olympic training camp days ago with question marks about his fitness following back-to-back defeats to training partner Yohan Blake at the Jamaican Olympic trials in Kingston, says his training has been going well since addressing his injury problems and that he is ready to defend his titles in London.

The 25-year-old was recently declared "good to go" by his agent Ricky Simms after his latest visit to noted sports doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt and with a popcorn in his hand after watching the movie Batman: The Dark Knight Rises along with other members of the Jamaican team, Bolt told The Sunday Gleaner, "I am definitely confident that I can do what I did (in Beijing)."

"I got checked out and it's (injury) all right, I am happy with where it's at," Bolt added in his first interview since arriving in Birmingham. "I'm training hard and looking forward to the start of the Olympics."

With a crowd of locals braving chilly conditions outside the Cineworld Cinema along Birmingham's Broad Street just to get a glimpse of the 'world's fastest man', Bolt expressed delight at the reception that he has received in England's second largest city, particularly given yesterday's improved weather conditions.

enjoying the camp

"Everything has been going really well, no worries, I am really enjoying the camp," said Bolt.

"There has been more sunshine than rain these days so that's a good thing," he said with a big smile on his face.

Bolt set new world records in the 100m (9.69) and 200m (19.30) before teaming up with the Jamaican 4x100m team to race to 37.10 - also a world record, at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. A year later at the IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Berlin, the Jamaican bettered his own marks, setting 9.58 in the 100m before carving out a 19.19 run in the 200m.

He was disqualified for a false start in the 100m at last year's IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Daegu, South Korea, but redeemed himself with a 19.40 run to retain his 200m gold medal before helping to lower the 4x100m world mark to 37.04.

Big man talking a good race....

Comment

...well if him full a big chat him haffi defend dat...how ur boy so quiet...him naw even get a likkle press...a whe him agent deh?

Comment

Yohan talk pon di track... Beast nuh chat.. him juss nyam..

Comment

Need fi learn de bizniz side....

Comment

That is what his brilliant management team is for..

Comment

...once yu not a part...and if no trust dem too much without backups...

Comment

badmind not good fi yuh..

Comment

lol...I wish ALL Jamaican sprinters the best in London..I hope they all tie for gold....seriously I hope Blake be wary of the waggonists....not talking about people like you...those that will rob him while smiling....

Comment

more to come... stay tuned... good management team is key to commercial success..

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...ngham_12020531

Comment

Hmm...him a tek over...a wonder what Bolt give his team mates?... psychological battle on hand...

Comment

Working...
                      X