Bobbi Gaye-Wilkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbi Gaye-Wilkins

What's up with her? Didn't notice her at Nationals last month.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Good question

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    What's up with her? Didn't notice her at Nationals last month.
    Good question! I was so busy lamenting Jura Levy’s absence that I completely forgot about Bobbi-Gaye, our 400-meter gem from those Carifta Games of several years ago (how time flies)! You’re right, she wasn’t at Nationals.

Following the end of her drug suspension, I thought that I would have seen by now a maturing of Bobbi-Gaye’s early promise as a quarter-miler, but she seems to have vanished! Hopefully someone on this board can give us an update.

MdmeX, we’ve had a fine tradition of genuinely talented quarter milers among our girls who in recent times have completely disappeared from track and field. I’m thinking here of promising young stars like Sonita Sutherland, Sheryl Morgan, Davita Prendergast, the Robinson twins from Holmwood, among a host of others.

On the positive side, I was particularly happy to see one of my favorite girls, LaToya Greaves, make it to London! Like Simone Facey and Anneisha Mclaughlin from around the same period, 100-meter hurdler LaToya is among my all-time favorite junior athletes.

Comment

Sonita - retired (or something to that effect). Sheryl Morgan and Davita Prendergast are still visible in some ways.

The Robinson twins were not from Holmwood - might have been Christiana, then they followed their coach Jerry Holness to Manchester High for 6th form. Think I heard that they are into coaching.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

You are correct!

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
        Sonita - retired (or something to that effect). Sheryl Morgan and Davita Prendergast are still visible in some ways.

The Robinson twins were not from Holmwood - might have been Christiana, then they followed their coach Jerry Holness to Manchester High for 6th form. Think I heard that they are into coaching.
        Thanks for the correction, MdmeX.

I suspect that my error in linking the Robinson girls to Holmwood was probably because I was thinking of Sonita Sutherland and Anneisha Mclaughlin (prior to today I have never ever confused the twins with Holmwood Tech). I remember now that the twins attended Christiana before ending their high school years at Manchester High.

And yep, I’m aware that Sonita is retired; I saw the discussion last year on the track and field forum next door between D’G and others regarding her shock retirement from sprinting. I still think about Sonita occasionally.

Sonita and those other 400-meter girls were very good on the track in their teen years. I used to be particularly impressed with their contributions on our 4x400-meter relay teams during those early years of the 21st century.

Comment

U really out of it!

BG's suspension was only up in April! She is with Racers being reformed by Mills.

BG left her old coach to follow bad advice and ....

Comment

True (lol)!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            U really out of it!
            True (lol)!

For some reason I thought that Bobbi-Gaye’s suspension had been up sometime in 2011 (and not this year). Time really flies! I also remember when she left her old coach.

( I have often wondered why some of these female athletes go to Racers, which has yet to show any breakout success with its women, when MVP has an amazing track record with women!)
            Thanks for this update, Willi.

Comment

( I have often wondered why some of these female athletes go to Racers, which has yet to show any breakout success with its women, when MVP has an amazing track record with women!)

them nuh like the "loud up"........i heard

Comment

Nor the medals too?

Comment

MVP is established but don't you think Racers selling themselves as the one for the future with female athletes? There is more than enough athlete to go around.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Too many in fact!

Comment

Working...
                    X