Yohan blake wants to play ipl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yohan blake wants to play ipl.

Like his friend and ‘foe’ Usain Bolt, the world’s second fastest man, Yohan Blake, is a complete showman. He likes playing to the gallery, doesn’t shy away from making tall claims and enjoys every bit of attention he gets.

Sunday was no different. Soon after claiming the 100m silver medal, the 22-year-old Jamaican sprinter was in his element. He posed for the photographers and mingled with the press for close to an hour. He, in fact, made his future plans clear. And no, the 100m gold medal at the Rio Games in 2016 isn't his only target.

While passing through the mixed zone, an area where the journalists can interact with the athletes, Blake glanced at a couple of accreditation cards – including the one worn by your correspondent – and stopped for a quick chat. “You from India, mate?” he asked. Not waiting for a reply, he carried on: “Know what? I am coming there next year. I’ll play in the IPL.”

As it turns out, Blake used to play cricket for the Kingston Cricket Club in Jamaica before moving over to sprints. He claims to be a right-arm fast bowler, and can bowl quicker than Zaheer Khan. Blake’s close friend and training partner Bolt, too, played cricket before pursuing athletics.

“I love cricket... India loves cricket. But you know what, I can bowl faster than Zaheer Khan,” he said. “I followed the Indian team when they were at the Caribbean last time. I know Sachin Tendulkar, MS (Dhoni), Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid... these are the guys I know.”

Blake was one of the many stars who gave the Delhi Commonwealth Games a skip. However, the Jamaican superstar said he missed out on an opportunity to visit India during the Commonwealth Games because his coach wanted him to rest.

However, he “wants to come down to the subcontinent later this year or next year. “I want to play in the IPL. I am working hard for it. Really,” Blake said, barely half-an-hour after completing the 100m in 9.75 seconds.

Blake said he is a big fan of Kohli but admires Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. “My favourite cricketer is Lara. I also like Tendulkar and Dhoni. But Virat is young and a great player. I really love watching him play,” he said.

A good friend of Chris Gayle, Blake said the West Indies superstar has told him to pursue cricket seriously. “Chris is a great friend and I follow his side very closely. I also like Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai (Super Kings). But I want to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore because of Chris,” he said.
    Any takers?

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-blake_1724801

London, Aug 7 (bdnews24.com) - Yohan Blake wants to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL) next season, reports India's The Telegragh.

On Sunday night, soon after he was beaten by Bolt in the high-voltage clash at the jam-packed Olympic Park, Blake told a group of Indian reporters about his plan to play the IPL.

"Oh! You people are from India? I am a huge cricket fan...I know about Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag and Rahul Dravid. I am their fan," said the 22-year-old sprinter.

In the IPL, Blake would like to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore since Chris Gayle also plays for the same franchise.

"I am his (Gayle) friend. He is a great batsman. He plays for the Bangalore team, so I would also like to play for them," said the double gold medallist in the 2011 World Championship, adding he was also aware of the teams like the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Chennai Super Kings.

Blake, however, feels no one could be better than Brian Lara.

"He is a legend...My favourite. Among the Indian players, I like Sachin, young Kohli and Dhoni."

Asked whether he was a batsman or a bowler, Blake said he was basically a bowler.

"I am a right-arm fast bowler… I can bowl very fast. In fact, my pace is more than your Zaheer Khan!" Blake remarked.

For the record, Blake plays cricket regularly with Kingston Cricket Club.

The Jamaican said he wanted to come to India during the Commonwealth Games.

"My coach advised me to take some rest. So I had to cancel my plans," he said.

bdnews24.com/lg/2319h

Comment

Maudib yuh see why Bolt is a marketing Juggernaut? We don't NEED the USA market tto become millionaires. Time to invade Asia. Pekin duck and pok chow me she!!!!!
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

um.. no.. I see why Yohan is a marketing Juggernaught..

The Cricket thing is not a joke business..

Comment

Now wi talking serious tings !

Comment

Muadid

Yesterday Michael Johnson and the others in the Bbc studio were laughing at Yohans comment about his foot being cold...." Mi foot cold " he said.
            Why you cant help him to be more controlled and comfortable while been interviewed and to speak slower and more calmly. Yohan seem to be in a hurry to get out of these interviews plus he mixes patois and english while speaking one or the other would serve him better. Sorry for spelling your name wrong.
            "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

you want me to unwind 30 years of PNP Economic Malpractice just suh.. yuh lucky him can read and write !

Sorry about your unfortunate choice of name..

Comment

It didn't take you long to go there did it?

Comment

yuh nuh si di man name.. mi guh fi di jugular early..

Comment

them think ah joke

http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricke...the-IPL-/16791

By Arunabha Sengupta

The news came as a bolt from the blue. Or should we say a fraction of a second slower than a Bolt?

Dashing entrepreneur Vijay Mallya has sprinted past competitors and signed Yohan Blake for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). The Jamaican sprinter, who has gone on record saying he can bowl faster than Zaheer Khan, will be donning red and golden yellow to turn out alongside his Jamican buddy Chris Gayle in the next season of the yearly extravaganza.

“We have always admired fast men from Jamaica,” Mallya declared in a press release. “Michael Holding and Courtney Walsh have been my all-time favourites. There is no reason why Blake cannot emulate them.”

When quizzed by pressmen about the rationality of employing sprinters as cricketers, Mallya was quick off his blocks, “It was a well-thought out decision. As the owner of Kunigal Farm, I know a thing or two about studs who race. I can guarantee Blake’s success. He has shown the world that he has speed. All he needs to work on is to release the ball at the end of his run. We have Venkatesh Prasad to guide him for that.”

RCB director Sidhartha Mallya added, “When Blake voiced his willingness, we wasted no time to sign him. And this has been done before. I am informed that Milkha Singh did play Test cricket for India.”

It was left to the Team mentor Anil Kumble to clarify that the media managers of the unit had confused India’s pioneering Olympic athlete with the former left-handed batsman of the same name.

“But, cricket does have more than a spurious connection with athletics,” the legendary leg-spinner added. “WG Grace was a champion 400 yard hurdler and CB Fry had been a joint world record holder for the long jump. Also, Middlesex cricketer Alastair McCorquodale won the silver medal in the 4x100 m relay at the London Olympics in 1948. Given that Blake won silver at this year’s London Olympics, we have history on our side.”

In further stunning developments, late night reports came in from reliable sources about a bidding battle that has been launched between Shah Rukh Khan of the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Nita Ambani of the Mumbai Indians for the services of Usain Bolt.

“At least one spot for an all-rounder is open,” Trevor Bayliss, the KKR coach, informed us, obviously hinting at Yusuf Pathan’s repeated failures last season. “In 2009, Bolt hit Gayle for a six and then rattled his stumps during a match in Jamaica. He will be the ideal answer to RCB’s Blake.”

Comment

Once yuh si Bolt name yuh know is a joke article...

Comment

yeah right......(kiss teet)
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

speaking about names:

Maudib 4 up, 19 downNoun: An extremely sensitive, but hairy hobbit like creature affected by an acute genetic condition that generally affects the lower half of the body. Symptoms may include general shrinkage of male organs, wearing of a maid's outfit, dropping off the face of the Earth, and the total and irreversible loss of all HALO skill.
                          Dude, that guy totally sucks at HALO ... what a Maudib.

Comment

affects the lower half of the body. Symptoms may include general shrinkage of male organs, wearing of a maid's outfit,

really?

Comment

who name Maudib ???

Comment

Working...
                              X