Shooting:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting:

Jamaica should send competitors in shooting to the next olympics. (Could produce some 'legends' in this area)

And while i am at it...Badminton, Judo, Weightlifting, Boxing >>>>
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Do you realise that you have to qualify first? You can't just send some people ?

Why you think we woulda qualify? Them say the Jamaican posses fire the most shot, you ever think say a maybe them nah hit them target?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

maybe if there was a competition for RPS (rounds per second) but if it is about accuracy ... wi shouldn't waste wi time!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gunshat! Bullit! Bullit!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...es/new-pic.jpg

Top shooters for Woodleigh Emancipation Pistol Champs
        Published: Tuesday | July 26, 2011 0 Comments
        Grandmaster Lesgar Murdock in action. - Contributed
        Grandmaster Lesgar Murdock in action. - Contributed

Woodleigh Shooting Range in May Pen, Clarendon, will next weekend host the biggest pistol tournament held in Jamaica to date.

Dubbed the '2011 Woodleigh Emancipation Pistol Championship', it is expected that more than 60 of Jamaica's top competitors in the sport, from grandmasters to beginners, will be testing their skills on six challenging courses of fire requiring a minimum of 100 rounds.

Set for Sunday, July 31, Grand-master Lesgar Murdock, and master class shooter Anthony Johnson, both of whom will be representing Jamaica later this year in the World Shoot Championships in Greece, will be up against some stiff competition from the likes of the Infinity Firearms-sponsored Grand Master Ronald Brown Jr, and master tactician and range owner Howard Brown, in the Open Division.

Hot off wins at the Florida Open 2011, and the Jamaica Rifle Association's (JRA) 2011 Jamaica Invitational Championship, in February and April , Andy Yapp will be hard pushed to stave off the ever-improving Lenny Moulton in 'B' Class, with Ryan Bramwell expected to dominate 'A' Class.

Mandeville's Ron Richards Jnr stamped his class in his first international match by winning both the junior division and 'D' Class at the Florida Open, and with his patience and disciplined approach is expected to outclass some of his senior rivals.

In a show of support for the event and the general upliftment of the sport in Jamaica, the Jamaica Rifle Association has cancelled their monthly match, and has been encouraging its membership to go out and make their presence felt at the Woodleigh range.

In light of the present economic climate, Woodleigh has reduced the price of ammunition and the competitors' entry fee for this match, while spectators will benefit from a 50 per cent discount to watch the day's excitement.

The action gets under way at 9:30 a.m.

__________________________________________________ __________________________
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...nation_8732431

Organisers target promoting Ja as sport shooting destination

Sanjay Myers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Print this page Email A Friend!

International Grand Masters Chris Tilley and JJ Racaza, along with a large contingent of local shooters, will face off during today's inaugural staging of the Jamaica Invitational Pistol Tournament at the Jamaica Rifle Association's (JRA) Mountain View Avenue-based shooting range.

The scheduled start is 8:00 am.

[Hide Description] JRA president Colonel Audley Carter (left), international shooting Grand Master JJ Racaza (2nd left) and tournament organising committee member Renee Rickhi (right) inspect pistols, while fellow Grand Master Chris Tilley (centre), and wife Mariana look on during Thursday's welcome reception at the Spanish Court Hotel in New Kingston. (Photo: Marlon Reid)
        [Restore Description]
        1/1

The event, which will also feature local Grand Masters Ronald Brown Jr and Lesgar Murdock, is part of the JRA's initiative to spread the popularity of the sport and to help enhance Jamaica as a destination for international shooting tournaments.

Speaking at Thursday's reception at the Spanish Court Hotel to welcome the international Grand Masters, JRA president Colonel Audley Carter said he is expecting strong performances from the local shooters and tipped the tournament as a catalyst for the growth of sports shooting.

"I'm expecting our (local) shooters to do very well because I know they have been doing serious preparation for this tournament. Another plus will be the comfort of home advantage and home support so I'm expecting great things from them.

"This kind of exposure is good for the sport and keep in mind that when these guys (the overseas shooters) go back home and spread the news of their experience, in a short while Jamaica may become a major shooting destination for competitors worldwide," he said.

Carter declared that the aim of the association and tournament title sponsors, National Commercial Bank (NCB), is to lessen the negative public perception of the sport.

"As we continue on the road to promoting sport shooting in Jamaica, there tends to be a negative side to shooting in Jamaica. We want to do away with that stigma. We want to bring it into the realms of legitimate sporting activities and I think we are on the right road for that," he said.

In a statement from NCB's Sponsorships & Promotions Manager, Julian Patrick, the company reiterated its commitment to sports development.

"NCB is pleased to be associated with this event, (and) we see our involvement as a unique opportunity to highlight our dedication as we assist in sports development plans to optimise and diversify the sporting talent that Jamaica offers to the world," the statement read.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz23S8lkGuf
        Last edited by World Fan; August 13, 2012, 02:57 PM. Reason: to add more information

Comment

If I am not mistaken (our neighbor) Cuba won the olympic gold in Shooting.

HL

Comment

More overt government and private support then, maybe?

Comment

This thread was started tongue-in-cheek.

I noticed it has evolved into a serious discussion. That's very good.

Posters like Gamma, Assasin et al are losing their touch....

HL

Comment

Passed a shooting yesterday at Dunrobin & Constant Spring...proprietor of Good Hour Chinese Food got two bullets pumped into him leaving his establishment...of course he didn't die because we can't shoot straight for sh!t...so let's rethink this shall we

Comment

i did my best .... but

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It better if them make Slingshot shooting an Olympics sport, a that we need HL to campaign for. Portland man woulda win for sure. LOL.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

well a dat now!!!!

Comment

...so what TopBrick?...fuggetaboutit...?

HL

Comment

I eat at that restaurant all the time. Their roast chicken is superb!

If this had happened to one of the girls who takes the orders from time to...yuh know what, let me not say that!

This incident seemed to have just happened when I passed by and I actually came across the crashed vehicle on Red Hills Rd.

Sad to hear about this. What could he have done to deserve this?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You never know. Maybe him nuh pay him dues or him roast chicken too good, it a take somebody's client. Wicked world, never know.

Comment

make money ?

Comment

Working...
                              X