X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&t 191/4

Lil Bravo 82* Pollard 44*

WE NEED GAYLE NOW !

When JA played Trinidad how much did Trinidad make?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the question is...can this current Jamaica team[batting] make more than 140?

Comment

It was 128 for 9 in 20 overs... JA was on 5 for 0 in the second over when rain came..
        Peter R

Comment

So far only Hyatt has shown the kind of application needed to get a score > 140... I think Russell should bat higher; the openers have not risen to the occasion.

we really do not have a game changer batsman, so if we are to advance we will have to rely on the bowlers to do the job.

Introducing Gayle at this point may be counter-productive, especially if his form from the BBL continues. The bats we have now need to come to the party and we should not have to rely on a Gayle or Samuels.

On another note today a bredda I coach with in the post coaching session was carrying on about Pollard saying he was a divine gift to TT cricket saying his performance has/had nothing to do with timing but also God given ability to beat the ball... I didn't take him on but Pollard's T20 batting record is nothing special... 18 in T20 I and 28 otherwise, I would imagine first class... BUT he can be a match winner if he fires.
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X