Samuels: It’s not a war, it’s a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuels: It’s not a war, it’s a game

Marlon Samuels has accused Shane Warne of “desperate” behaviour unbecoming for a legend of the game after escaping with a reprimand for his part in an ugly confrontation with Warne during the Big Bash League.

Samuels also called for BBL organisers to adopt a more disciplined attitude towards player behaviour to ensure the right example was set to the family audience that the tournament is so anxious to attract.

It’s not a war, it’s a game,” he said. “We’re here to entertain people, but we’re here to show love to one another as cricketers as well…”

”There were a lot of kids in the ground – Twenty20 is about family – so I couldn’t afford to react in a very bad way,” he said. “I was able to come out on top with him behaving the way that he was behaving. He’s supposed to be a legend in Australia. What he did was give me the stripes so I am the legend now…”

Samuels was infuriated that only Malinga among the Stars side checked on his welfare as he left the field bleeding from an eye wound, but he praised the support he had received from the Renegades and vowed that he would only represent them in the BBL. From the ugliest of incidents came a rare sign of player loyalty in the money-buys-all world of Twenty20…

espncricinfo.com

interesting comments.

this incident has been festering for more than10 years now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1IEl7Z_LA

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

warne fined again ....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash...ry/601562.html

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He's from Australia, what can you expect??
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X