Don't ask about Bolt and Blake - Wink Wink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ask about Bolt and Blake - Wink Wink

Stole this from facebook and edited the numbers.
    http://www.tower.com.ky/

Please find attached the guidelines for all events this week surrounding Cayman Invitational. Please ensure you thoroughly review the guidelines document, which outlines code of conduct for all media, as well as suggested questions and bios of athletes.

It is important to note, all media is to refrain from asking Usain Bolt about his injury and why he pulled out of the Jamaica Invitational. Also, there will be no mention of Yohan Blake in any capacity. Failure to adhere to these rules in media being removed from the press conference of event.

Gates open at 4pm on Wednesday. All media is required to attend a quick debrief at 5:00pm Weds May 8 in the media zone at Cayman Invitational.

I will be your contact over the next few days, so please do not hesitate to reach me with any questions. My cell is XXX-4145.

On behalf of the Cayman Invitational team we look forward to your coverage of this historic sporting event.

Many thanks!

Jenna Lucas

Tower Marketing
    Cayman Islands

( (XXX) XXX 6700 (Office)

( (XXX) XXX-4145 (Cell)

* jenna@tower.com.ky
    & www.tower.com.ky
    Last edited by Time; May 6, 2013, 05:17 PM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

A weh di...! A guess when yuh big yuh big!

If I were a journalist, I would not attend such a press conference. Dem rude and outta ordah!

Yes, I know I may not have a job after that but I would lose it anyway if I went because I would ask the very questions dem nuh waan mi fi aks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That was a dirty ploy by Jenna Lukas!
      She has deliberately showed the world that it is 'not me'...i.e. she had her instructions and is 'selling out' the Bolt & Blake team(s)....no doubt hoping there will be a buy-in to her having made an inadvertent error on disclosure.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Agent says Bolt not party to Cayman Invitational media censor
        'Not our policy'

BY PAUL A REID Observer writer
        Tuesday, May 07, 2013

MONTEGO BAY, St James — The management of global sprinting superstar Usain Bolt has distanced itself and the athlete from restrictions placed on the media covering the Cayman Invitational tomorrow.
        An e-mail purportedly from the meet organisers yesterday issued media guidelines for the Cayman Invitational in which it asked media personnel to "thoroughly review the guidelines document, which outlines code of conduct for all media, as well as suggested questions and bios of athletes".
        Yohan Blake (left) and Usain Bolt displaying unity
        1/1
        The communiqué warned all media to refrain from asking Usain Bolt about his injury and why he pulled out of the Jamaica Invitational. Also, it said there "should be no mention of Yohan Blake in any capacity", and that failure to adhere to these rules would result in the media being removed from the press conference.
        Ricky Simms, Bolt's agent, was swift to respond to the reports that surfaced yesterday, telling the Jamaica Observer: "This is certainly not our policy. Usain is available to answer anything as usual." Simms also said that they were not aware of where the restrictions came from.
        The email was sent over the name of Jenna Lucas of Tower Marketing, Cayman Islands.
        Bolt withdrew from the 200m at last weekend's JII meet at the National Stadium after reporting a slight injury at training about a week before.
        A release from Simms last week said Bolt had experienced slight discomfort in his hamstring and as a precaution would miss the Jamaican meet.
        Blake was not scheduled to compete at the Cayman meet and had been scheduled to compete at the Doha Diamond League meet set for this Friday, as well as the Shanghai Diamond League on May 18.
        Bolt is one of several Jamaicans who will be taking part in the Cayman meet, including sprint hurdlers Hansle Parchment and Dwight Thomas, Kerron Stewart and quarter-miler Novlene Williams-Mills.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2SZHVznaA

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bolt comes under pressure in Cayman

Melton Williams, Gleaner Writer

Following pressure from the international media, organisers of the Cayman Invitational have announced that Usain Bolt would now answer questions pertaining to his injury, which cost the world record holder to miss Saturday’s Jamaica Invitational in Kingston.

Bolt, the six-time Olympic gold medallist, will compete in the men’s 100-metre dash tomorrow.

The organisers had announced yesterday that journalists covering the meet should not ask Bolt about his injury.

The media professionals were told that if those questions are asked they risk being removed from the event, which is now in its second year.

A press release said, following discussions with Bolt’s agent and the organisers of the Cayman Invitational, the request has been removed.
          Bolt will attend a press conference slated for 2 p.m.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=44681
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Doesn't make sense though, why would the meet organizers come up with that restriction on their own?

Don't ask why he pulled out of the Jamaica Invitational? Why would they care?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

...you are right - Does not make sense!

PR snafu or deliberate a ploy...

Comment

Working...
              X