X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma and I-man what you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=nW-yJy2ECU8

One in a while a whiteman touch below 10.00
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Once in a while. Nice finish by him though. He is a fairly consistent performer.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Great race!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

“Once in a while”?

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Once in a while. Nice finish by him though. He is a fairly consistent performer.
        “Once in a while”? As far as I am aware, I’man, Christophe Lemaitre is the ONLY white man to have ever run below 10 seconds!

Comment

Yes he is, but he only does it "once in a while" LOL.

The reality is that the 10.00 barrier is certainly not what it once was, it is just a round number that is easy to refer to. I remember my father taking me to Norman Manley Games to watch a best of the world class of sprinters and nobody going under 10.00. Now a sub 10 time won't even guarantee you even a semi final spot at a major championship!

To date 86 men have run sub 10 electronically and apart from one of European descent and 3 or 4 of Southern African descent, all the rest have been of West African descent. Very strong correlation there, and although we know that does not always imply causation it suggests that something unusual is going on. But my bredren X will disagree.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What am I to disagree about, with your stats, it is what it is ? if the % are in favour of west africans dominating the entrants in that sphere , do you expect anything different ?....lol
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No the stats are solid you cannot disagree with that. You disagree with the argument that there probably is natural predisposition to sprinting among populations of West African descent.

Comment

High stakes. He ran a very good race, his closing speed is remarkable!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wasn't he world junior champ?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes I believe so.

Comment

So is not a hurry come up

Comment

No, not at all. Probably already the best white sprinter since Mennea, seen here beating DQ.

Comment

Re: Mennea

I share your view that Christophe Lemaitre is probably the best male white sprinter since Pietro Mennea. (I deliberately say “male white” because of memories of that mysterious white Belarus woman at the 2004 Olympic Games, Yuliya Nesterenko!!)

And yep, Lemaitre had won the 200-meter gold medal at the IAAF Word Junior Champion five years ago. I notice that he did not compete in the 100-meter dash last year in London, but he ran in that famous 200-meter race that was dominated by Jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                          X