Delano Williams is switching allegiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delano Williams is switching allegiance

World jnr 200m champ Delano Williams is switching allegiance from Turks & Caicos to GB. Apparently eligible with immediate effect

I doubt he would have come to Jamaica. You know they were hounding him and getting a good deal and it is so much easier for him to make the GB team.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Allegiance?!?! Turks had no standing at the Olympics or maybe even Worlds!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that is simply why he switched

Carita alone can't cut it.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He could have run Worlds for them...not Oly's...

Comment

Yep, and also....

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Allegiance?!?! Turks had no standing at the Olympics or maybe even Worlds!
            Mo, in addition, the Turks & Caicos Islands (TCI) administration is pathetic and laid-back as far as the sport of track and field is concerned. I’ll never forget the 2007 Carifta Games, which TCI hosted. At the end of the Easter weekend meet that country had not won even a single medal. Can you imagine holding the Carifta Games in your country and not winning anything whatsoever?

The closest parallel I can recall is Canada and the 2001 IAAF World Championships. At the end of that World Championships, held in Edmonton, that country, the biggest in North America, had not won any medals, except for a silver medal in an event for the disabled, the wheelchair 100-meter!

Comment

Canada also failed to win a gold at the Montreal Olympics in 1976, at least in track and field. Would have to check if they won in any discipline.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

None in Track & Field

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Canada also failed to win a gold at the Montreal Olympics in 1976, at least in track and field. Would have to check if they won in any discipline.
                Apparently Canada won a total of 11 medals (5 silver and 6 bronze). I’m not sure what events, however (taking a guess, maybe canoeing and stuff like that). Apparently none whatsoever were in track and field.

Comment

Williams have the fastest time in the 200 this year for a British Athlete. So you can imagine how they were hounding him.

Comment

Working...
                  X