RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'safa juss target 100 X sub 10s 100m an dun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'safa juss target 100 X sub 10s 100m an dun...

...yuh cyan retire afta dat cause nuhbaddy naw beat dat fi now...yuhzimi??

Asafa Powell Remains Motivated... Targets Fast Time In Ostrava
    Published: Thursday | June 27, 2013 3 Comments

Powell
    André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

Former 100m world record holder Asafa Powell may have finished down the track at the recent Jamaican trials, but the 30-year-old remains motivated, as he targets a sub-10 seconds clocking at the Ostrava World Challenge meet today.

Powell finished seventh in 10.22 in the 100m final at the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association/Supreme Ventures Limited National Senior Championships last Friday. However, the powerful Jamaican is not holding on to the disappointment and is looking to bounce back right away in the Czech city.

"I knew what happened at the Jamaican trials. I am not worried about that. I didn't run what I want to and expect from myself. I wasn't race ready. It was not my day. A time of 9.99s, which was enough to qualify for the World Championships in Moscow, is like walking in a forest for me," Powell told journalists in Ostrava.

Solid field

Powell will face a solid field with Mike Rodgers - the fourth-fastest man in the world so far with a best of 9.96, veteran Kim Collins, Jimmy Vicaut, Dwain Chambers and young British sprinter Adam Gemili, all expected to face the starter.

However, the MVP Track Club star said he is hoping that the competition will help him to dip below the 10-second barrier - a target that he says remains a constant source of motivation for him.

"It is very important to run under 10s. If you cannot make it, you cannot be in the top group. So, that is also huge motivation for me," Powell added. "I am in good shape now, and I have always been running very fast in Ostrava. I used to run good here."

Powell also turned his attention to Usain Bolt, who won the 100m at the trials in 9.94, noting that he believes his compatriot is still the man to beat, while pointing to the support that he himself has been receiving at home.

"Usain (Bolt) is still here, still in good shape. But he is getting older, so he cannot do the same he used to do before, when he was young," said Powell. "In Jamaica, it is quite different. Of course, Usain Bolt is the most popular, but people know and also like other athletes. And I am also their gold baby. They admire me and are my huge fans."

Also competing in Ostrava will be newly minted national 400m hurdles champion Ristananna Tracey, resurgent sprint hurdler Andrea Bliss and quarter-miler Peter Matthews.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

A link please?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

somebody say tuh mi dat safa value more than 100 million u.s., mi si why him nuh waan tek nuh cut near di root

Comment

More like USD$15m max.

$2m a year for 10 years before taxes= $15m.

The $2m = $600K a year shoes contract. 10 races a year at $100K a piece and $400K a year in other commercial endorsements.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          A link please?
          http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports4.html

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

No way...

Comment

what about business/personal expenses?

cut dat $15m in half

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                More like USD$15m max.

$2m a year for 10 years before taxes= $15m.

The $2m = $600K a year shoes contract. 10 races a year at $100K a piece and $400K a year in other commercial endorsements.
                when last he got $100k USD for a race ?

maybe when he was Asafa..strong doubts that he is earning any thing near that recently....
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

My bad...was seeking a link to the race!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Balance dat with investment returns....but dat is why I said MAX!

Comment

Surely, up to 2011 when he ran the 9.78s in Lausanne...so from 2004 to 2011, 7 years. Nah run for less dan $50k a race now though.

Comment

Well if that is his priority then who can tell him otherwise?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I meant no way he is worth US $100m...might as well tek the money and run (pardon the pun) at this point...

Comment

Working...
                          X