Kerron Stewart.,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerron Stewart.,,,

does anyone have any update on her since the trials. Since she ran the 100M, she subsequently withdrew from the 200M, and then seems to have disappeared. She has not raced since. Is she injured? I hope not.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Good question

Originally posted by Twan View Post
    does anyone have any update on her since the trials. Since she ran the 100M, she subsequently withdrew from the 200M, and then seems to have disappeared. She has not raced since. Is she injured? I hope not.
    Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for your question, Twan. Quite naturally, I’m hoping that Kerron is completely fit and is merely in heavy training for Moscow, somewhat like Allyson Felix is doing (I just glanced at the start list for today’s meet, and Felix’s name has apparently been withdrawn from the 200-m).

I too was somewhat surprised that Kerron did not run the 200-meter race at trials.

In addition to Kerron’s absence from the limelight at this time, the other thing that concerns me is this: Will Veronica run in Moscow? Up this point that essential meeting between her and the JAAA disciplinary panel has not been announced, and we know that in this case the JAAA will be the entity deciding on the punishment.

In fact, there is not even a hint of a date for a meeting between both sides. The cut-off date for entries to the Moscow World Champion is midnight (Monaco), July 29.

Comment

cycling...

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for your question, Twan. Quite naturally, I’m hoping that Kerron is completely fit and is merely in heavy training for Moscow, somewhat like Allyson Felix is doing (I just glanced at the start list for today’s meet, and Felix’s name has apparently been withdrawn from the 200-m).

I too was somewhat surprised that Kerron did not run the 200-meter race at trials.

In addition to Kerron’s absence from the limelight at this time, the other thing that concerns me is this: Will Veronica run in Moscow? Up this point that essential meeting between her and the JAAA disciplinary panel has not been announced, and we know that in this case the JAAA will be the entity deciding on the punishment.

In fact, there is not even a hint of a date for a meeting between both sides. The cut-off date for entries to the Moscow World Champion is midnight (Monaco), July 29.

I dont expect to see VCB at the WC in August. My understanding is that she has to request the hearing from the JAAA, aand she has not done so at this point, inspite of knowing her B sample result. Word is she is getting together her defense team so as to minimise the penalty.Added to this, I dont think she is mentally prepared to run anyway.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I agree, plus....

Originally posted by Twan View Post
          I dont expect to see VCB at the WC in August. My understanding is that she has to request the hearing from the JAAA, aand she has not done so at this point, inspite of knowing her B sample result. Word is she is getting together her defense team so as to minimise the penalty.Added to this, I dont think she is mentally prepared to run anyway.
          In addition to what you just said (and I agree with your views on the matter), in the most recent reported interview with the JAAA’s Warren Blake that I saw, he stated that the JAAA has still not yet received an official report on the “B” sample (!!!).

Comment

Thought it was already stated that VCB will not run in Moscow. It may even have been stated by both VCB and JAAA?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X