The talk of Georges buying student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The talk of Georges buying student

In all that talk people forget about my friend son who came up from first form who has 8 O level equivalent and 4 A level equivalent at 17 and in upper six and is a starter an scorer on the team.

Instead of these people working with our brightest and trying to get them in the best schools possible while playing football, all they talk about is the transfers and the ones who may not be the best scholars.

While the argument is to get the best out of all athlete we still will have very progressive students who are soccer players and we need to spend some time on them. Also these schools need to find better ways of getting their students into the best programs available upon graduation.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass: I think you are right on the money. I am wondering

if all this talk about buying is not sour grapes - - the benign type, e.g. other players, fans, etc. feeling pain on a top athlete leaving and jumping to wrong conclusion(s)...and the malicious type - 'bad mine' people dem? Could it be that they care not too hoots on real reasons for transfers? Could it be they just like to wallow in the gutter?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sass, St. GEORGE'S COLLEGE, nuh buy nuhbody !!!

we accept students that apply on their own and meet certain academic and other requirements.

Thanks.
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

In my opinion it nuh seems like some of these esteem writers are all just concern about the numbers that proves their point and is not interested in looking at the whole picture. Some of these writers are in a position to help get some of these players in school without it costing them a cent as they have been to good schools and are highly educated.

I must say to them that remember Dane Richards, Damani Ralph, VCB, and so many of our athletes who went on to productive lives in our out of sport never had 6 o levels or high SAT scored but they went to Comm. Colleges first and was able to transfer after one or two years to very good schools.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X