The Reeeal big batsman !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reeeal big batsman !

WICB/WIPA Cricketer of the Year at the awards ceremony held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port-of-Spain in Trinidad and Tobago.
    Samuels was also named One Day International Cricket of the Year at the awards. The Jamaican was crowned after his outstanding performances with bat and ball, where the 32-year-old was credited for singlehandedly leading the Caribbean team to victory in the T20 World Cup as he destroyed the Sri Lankan bowlers

Gayle fi tek notes.. you too Skengy..

Yu always crying down Gayle. because you don't like his batting style? not "helegant" enough?

I definitely prefer to watch MS bat over Gayle overall, but it is a very close call for me; seeing Gayle at his destructive best is unparalleled IMO.

See their approximate batting averages in Test, ODI and T20 here. MS still has a little catching up to do.

42, 38 , 35 CHG

38, 30, 32 MS
    Peter R

Comment

It has been a joy to see Marlon finally put it together and become the world class batsman everybody knew he could be. I had given up on it happening.

Gayle of course is still the more accomplished batsman.

However, what if the question is who would you pick first if you were selecting a team today? I think i would pick Gayle first for T20, Marlon first for Tests. ODI is a toss-up but I would give Marlon the edge.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Hate to see somebody waste their potential..

How hard is it to move your damn feet !??

Damn...

Comment

You might be right. How many test batsmen have 2 triple centuries?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Might be right ??

Di man bat like him standing in cement !

Comment

Too many times him don't start...

Comment

Goat mout'...
                Peter R

Comment

... and lack of foot movement
                  Peter R

Comment

are you surprised.. ?

How is stating reality Goat Mout ???

Comment

Waiting for SkengDummy to come wiggle him neck and throw acid in yuh face...

Comment

You jinx de man... call evil spirits pon him... every now and then hand eye coordination run tings..

and what a disgrace....rain stop over... ok, almost an hour ago an dem cyaan restart???
                        Peter R

Comment

I call it after the fact.... you have the order reversed..

Comment

Not according to the time stamp on the post... your goat mout was the "too many times him don't start.." comment; I'm sure you wrote that before he got out... anyway, the lack of foot movement, just hanging the bat did him in; I'd much prefer to have seen him swing for the hills and getting out than with the lead foot approach.

"I's not every day is Chrismus" ~ C. Gayle
                            Peter R

Comment

How did Samuels get out?

Maudid a deal with form over substance! Until Samuels has better returns than gayle, that is just what it ... Form

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X