Yanique Caused This!! Lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanique Caused This!! Lol

Yanique’s amazing performance yesterday has clearly ignited the team. Damn! Two golds today: Manley in the 400m race (a very impressive 45.89) and Hyde in the 110m hurdles (13.14 secs into a -1.1 headwind), and a bronze in the girls’ 400m race (Tiffany).

This is how we do it, I tell you!

Remember Yanique's False Start at Trials?

Speaking of Yanique Thompson, who remembered that she made a massive false start at the Jamaica trials? In fact, she left the blocks so early that none of the other athletes even followed her, as athletes often instinctively do!

We need to give thanks to the starter and the other decision makers on the track at trials for not disqualifying her for her blatant false start! Can you imagine if she had been disqualified then? We wouldn’t be talking about world youth record with Jamaican pride as we are now!

It just goes to show that at times we need to bend some of these silly IAAF rules in the national interest/ for the national good (using commonsense and discretion, of course)!

Comment

400-m Future Seems Promising

If these youngsters (Martin Manley, Jovan Francis, Omar McLeod,, etc.) continue to develop well, our men’s 400-meter program could be back on stream in another couple of year.

Our senior men have been sadly lacking since the heady 1990s when we had brilliant guys like Roxbert Martin, Michael McDonald, Gregory Haughton, Davian Clarke, and Danny McFarlane. Since the retirement of these local superstars, we have seen occasional glimpses of promise (Gonzales, Chambers, etc.) but we are still weak in this area, so weak that we cannot even get a runner into a global 400-meter finals!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        It just goes to show that at times we need to bend some of these silly IAAF rules in the national interest/ for the national good (using commonsense and discretion, of course)!

So is it safe to assume that you wouldn't be opposed to including Asafa Powell in our 4x100 relay pool?
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Asafa is Absolutely Vital to the Team!

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          So is it safe to assume that you wouldn't be opposed to including Asafa Powell in our 4x100 relay pool?
          Of course I fully support Asafa Powell being on the 4x100-meter relay team! In fact, I do not for one minute think we can win the gold medal this year without him!

Boss, Michael Frater’s loss is almost irreplaceable, and Yohan Blake is very doubtful. In fact, even if Blake is added to the team it would not be the super-fast Blake of 2012!

Do not ever underestimate the Americans! Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin are no walkovers, and they can find two other guys in the absence of Ryan Bailey and Trell Kimmons. I would feel that Asafa is essential on that backstretch (which is the leg that Gatlin ran last year against Frater). If Frater was well and on the team, I would definitely use Asafa on anchor (I’m sure you remember 2006, 2007 and 2008).

Asafa is the Davian Clarke of 4x100-meter relays!

Comment

Knowing us, we would rather cut off our noses to spite our faces in pursuit of doing the "morally" right thing.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nooooo.

Carter to Weir to Bolt to Asafa

or Asafa to Weir to Carter/Ashmeade to Bolt

Comment

We going to win the Gold count!!!!!

I see 200m men gold where O'Hara gonna slaughter sitten.

Men medley relay and we stand a chance in the M 400mH.

Dat would mek 6.

Comment

Not All the Time (lol)

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Knowing us, we would rather cut off our noses to spite our faces in pursuit of doing the "morally" right thing.
                  Jangle, to be fair to the JAAA and our selectors, they have done the right thing (sensible decisions) on several occasions before. As I type this Tayna Lawrence in 2004 comes to mind. She was certainly not particularly impressive in that year’s Olympic trials, yet she was selected to our 4x100-meter team as lead-off runner.

She did a good job of keeping up with the USA’s Angela Williams, and the rest is history. Yes, the USA completely bungled the second changeover from Marion Jones to Lauryn Williams, but that aside, having Tayna on our team certainly contributed to us winning our first ever Olympic Games sprint relay gold medal (men or women).

And there have been other occasions when the selectors made wise decisions in the name of success.

Comment

All 8 100m finalists were taken to Beijing Olys...

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Nooooo.

Carter to Weir to Bolt to Asafa

or Asafa to Weir to Carter/Ashmeade to Bolt
                      These are the ideal choices, and I fully agree with you. I must confess, though, that I really like the idea of having Asafa as anchor, and so I am biased towards your first lineup.

As long as I live I will never forget those superb anchors by Asafa at the 2006 Commonwealth Games, the 2007 IAAF World Championships, and the 2008 Olympic Games!

Comment

Thanks for the Reminder

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        All 8 100m finalists were taken to Beijing Olys...
                        Correct! I had forgotten this fact just now.

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Winning the gold count would be a phenomenal achievement.

Comment

Working...
                          X