Four More Jamaican Athletes Test Positive For Banned Substan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From MVP

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dwl! Talk bout tekking serious ting mek joke!
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Traves Smickle and Demar Robinson are the latest names confirmed by sources to have returned positive drug test results ~Andre Lowe, Jamaica Gleaner
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica -- National discus record holder Allison Randal has reacted with “confusion and shock” at the news that she failed a drugs test at the JAAA National Senior Trials in June.

Randal is among five Jamaicans, including sprinters Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson, who have returned positive results for banned substances.

Randal who also won the CAC Senior discus title a week ago said she is ready to fight the charges to clear her name.

“I would like to apologise to my family, friends, country, and supporters for any embarrassment that this situation may have caused,” she said in a statement released to the Observer minutes ago,

“However, I have not intentionally taken any banned substance. I have been vigilant with everything I consume. So I am extremely shocked and surprised by this incident. I do not have the desire, nor the means to cheat,” said a distraught Randal.

“I have never even seen steroids and don't know the first thing about them. I am willing to undergo any other testing methods to prove my innocence (Blood, Hair, Spinal tap). I love throwing the discus for my country and I hope this incident clears up after my B Sample has been tested,”

- Paul Reid

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2Z3xe0oyV
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Idiots, they should be banned for life...no excuses....
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I don't trust any athlete, absolutely none. So nothing surprises me anymore!

Comment

Is a mild stimulant extracted from bitter orange.

Could only work in weight loss with massive dosages...

Comment

People see wjhat the want to see and what the media presents.

The fact that we JUST won the World Youth Games with underage minors gives the lie to the "fact" that we use drugs to develop world beaters.

Brand damaged? So how the skoolers dem just kicked more azz than any senior team we ever sent to Globals?

Comment

You have been played!!

Ban for life for supplements tainted with stimulants?
                    You would really ban Asafa who had a clean record and now cant even mek Jamaica side?

Why was he even tested at trials.

Now i see why the cocky Dick Pound was in Jamaica threatening us in April. It all mekking sense now.

Comment

Willi nobody outside of track and field fanatics knows or follows the schoolers.

Track and fields brand has been damaged again and Jamaicas sprinting brand along with it. Way too many elite athletes failing drug tests, whether it was intentional or not is secondary, it is either a conspiracy or the tests are catching things they didnt before. Either way it is a big turnoff for fans of the sport. In fact you have basically admitted that in your tirade against the IAAF in other threads.

Maybe they should unban all stimulants? I mean if it is so easy to make a mistake and get banned and the advantage they give is supposedly minimal then what's the point of them being illegal.
                      Last edited by Islandman; July 15, 2013, 06:09 AM.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So why ban it? Is it a masking agent?

Something is not making sense here. At this rate we will soon have 8 finalists
                        lining up for a big race with most or all of them having served some ban or another for illegal substances.

Comment

Totally agree...just frustrated. Totally unnecessary!

Comment

That mi waan know too.

Did you know they busted Inger Miller for drinking Red Bull years ago when they had caffeine on the list?

No these are NOT masking agents, just stimulants like found in cough medicine, etc.

Dem cast the net so wide that soon water will be illegal!

I maintain, they want to demote T&F in the Olys. Swimming bruk how many WRs every year and we dont see any of this foolishness.

If this was steroids, I could understand, but stimulants??? No sah.

Comment

Stimulant thing is a joke ,you get them at any supermarket or corner store ,its used as sex boosters and body building /wt losers.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Cant blame pound for hiring the trainer ,mvp. must ave a system of checking these things ,the. question is how did it fail.
                                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                                X