RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone piece together an agenda here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone piece together an agenda here?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2005/11...und051124.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2005/11...und051124.html

"The NHL has reached a deal with their players that looks as though they found an early copy of the baseball policy on the floor somewhere," said Pound, a former Canadian Olympic swimmer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/ma...t&emc=rss&_r=0

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...4#.UeSrG6wsY9U

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ng-hgh-testing

"The players are not going to let the Dick Pound self-promotional tour derail the principles we believe in related to a clean and fair game," said NFLPA spokesman George Atallah. "Our players and scientists have asked WADA for information and transparency. The response from WADA and Dick Pound has been limited to childish public statements that are thickheaded and false."

May be more under:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound,_Richard

Controversies

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...thread=1475195

So Willi, do you believe that this guy Pound and his agents made up these samples or put something in the samples to catch Gay, Powell and Simpson and also Vcb. Sounds like a ridiculous question, but I am trying to understand what exactly you are saying about this.

Comment

From the early days of so-called drug cheats (my words as I believe it is ridiculous to consider an athlete who avails self of products legally obtained to be prohibited from using same to be best prepared to compete in his sport) there has always been these fears...these conspiracy theories...or 'what if' scenarios. ...so your question is not as ridiculous as you suggest.
      Hey...Ben Johnson claimed his 'food' (drink) was spiked.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dem pull the sheep away from the shepherd and any number can play.

The man come threaten us to wi face in april and then this unvetted Canadian babysitter show up in may?

Mi Toronto bredrin seh is a known druggist and counterfeiter!

What U think?

Comment

Dem seh is Pound and Conte was supplying astaphan back then. Pound ended up as ben's lawyer in the Dubin enquiry!

i am checking to see if all these allegations are true.
          I do smell a rat though.

Comment

Another way to look at that is he fired a warning shot across the bow in April, before the meet and I remember that and still man get ketch, sound like people never take it seriously.

Then to have some unknown guy walk into your camp and you take him in without any vetting process seems to me not much complaining can really happen here, very strange sequence of events, can they really have been that laid back in their approach to this thing.

Comment

He came with accusations that Jamaica runners are hard to find to test and when Herb Eliott challenged him with teh figures that we have a perfect testing record with no missed tests, him backtrack and talk bout buzz around the world. Him a owl lyad shakedown artist.
              Nuh baddah come here and defend this sleazebag. Mi nuh waaan hear it!

==============

athletes are hard to find and hard to test, yet when asked to disclose evidence to support these assertions, he parlays to "The Buzz that I hear around the world", and diverts to convicted dope manufacturer Victor Conte as a reference.

Even though it is shown from this interview that Jamaicans are being tested regularly, Pound seems to advocate more testing being better; how much more? Could be limitless provocation that interferes with training, and it seems like he would be smug with that.

======================

Dick Pound is not the president of WADA any more and is on such a vigorous campaign around the world so visually over John Fahey the present president and no one has heard or seen anything from John Fahey concerning doping now we know who is still at the helm of WADA.

FUNDING MONEY: CountrieS not paying in their dues.

Comment

No defense of anyone, but at some point we must take the hit and be accountable. I say let it go, we will be fine Sharon's, Asafa and those busted will not cripple this program, we have a tendency to get too caught up on the personality business, this program is bigger tat all the names in it.

Our next step is to develop a multi-step program for all our athletes which includes testing, nutrition, education etc we cannot get another spanking like this due to be so laid bak about things, tie to step the program to the next level.

I am already done with this issue, let the chips fall where they may, the real impact is that the Jamaican program is now seems as potentially not credible, not a good thing for an island that sells itself as a natural haven.

Whatever happens in Moscow will now be viewed with scepticism.

Comment

They WILL NOT STOP COMING FOR US.

When dem cant do the simple samfie, next it will be planted evidence.

Billions at stake here. Likkle jamaica standing in the way.

Bolt mess up dem plan in Beijing bigtime. If not for Bolt, Phelps and swimming/gynmastics would have been far higher profile and sponsorship dollaz.

Skepticism was always there. Unno too naive. Cho...

Genklemen, this is WAR. the sooner unno realize, the better.

Comment

All right so if is war then let's fight, let's hire or devlop a third party sample taker then every single sample taken from a world class yard athlete there is also a c sample that is taken and held by the third party as well.

That is the length that we must go to if there is claim of contamination of samples by wada. What we cannot do is lay back and hire unvetted people, walk around the process that your club created for you etc etc, we can have no talk if we don't protect ourselves.

Comment

Now yuh talking!

Totally agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGsp8_x7H8

Comment

Wow
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X