Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuda speaks

Gleaner file photo
    Statement by Milton Samuda, attorney at law, in response to controversy over interview with athletes

JULY 26, 2013

News has circulated widely concerning the interview held on Monday July 22, 2013. It is important that the facts be placed in the public domain.

It must first be understood that the journalists were told up front that the questions in the interview would be restricted. That was the basis on which the journalists agreed to participate. I did not select the journalists who participated.

It is standard procedure for those preparing for a hearing to be advised to restrict public statements to matters which will not arise in that hearing. The fact that other questions were posed was the basis on which the journalists were asked for the tapes so as to remove those questions and the answers. I made the request on the basis of the restoration of trust and the fulfillment of their agreement. The journalists acted honourably and complied with my request.

At no time were the tapes “seized” or “confiscated” and certainly no “equipment” was.

Consequently one media house did in fact carry a story and we are satisfied that at no time did we try to suggest to any media house what to publish or carry.

I do believe in and fully support freedom of the press but I also appreciate that that freedom is based on integrity and the honouring of one’s word. Freedom of the press should not be pursued at the expense of honour. I applaud the forthright treatment of the matter by TVJ News, clearly demonstrating the fierce independence of that newsroom.

I do not tolerate conflict of interest, but it cannot be that those of us who hold several different positions in society are ipso facto prevented from acting decisively in any.

Throughout, I acted as one of the Attorneys-at-Law for Miss Simpson and Mr. Powell. My primary duty was and is to protect their interests.
    As the process continues, we will disclose the appropriate information when required.

MILTON J. SAMUDA
    Last edited by Karl; July 26, 2013, 02:54 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

So who am I supposed to believe?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he was acting in capacity of lawyer and not as board member. LOL.

It hard when you have so many hats.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        he was acting in capacity of lawyer and not as board member. LOL.

It hard when you have so many hats.
        Yeah...if Golding yan duh dat...why nat Samuda??
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

wha wrong wid you??? Take it easy nuh. You nuh see me say Golding fi resign long time??? What Golding have to do with this? Or you just want follow mi up?

Only Golding and Samuda wear different hats that conflict???

Comment

Calm down Sass ... why yuh suh nervous?? Mi accuse yuh ah nutten??

I do know you were on the correct side of the Golding issue... but dat nuh ave nutten fi duh wid mi post

Easy yuhself nuh...cho!
            Last edited by Don1; July 26, 2013, 01:53 PM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Stop call up mi fambily name!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
              X