Just tuned in to the London Diamond League meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tuned in to the London Diamond League meet

recording...and was greeted with, before a packed house, Usain Bolt coming in on 'a rocket'.

His huge personality will be needed to dampen the furor over the recent set of doping scandals.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

which station
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Universal
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Live Link

http://iamajamaican.net/article/the-...sary-games-119
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bolt is something else???? 9:85!!!

Got up slow...perhaps 5th or 6th...and eats the competitors alive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Got up slow...perhaps 5th or 6th...and eats the competitors alive!!!
            his first 50m was awful...very sluggish
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

He is testing himself! World record mi seh

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                He is testing himself! World record mi seh
                unless Moscow in a wurl by itself....

he will never get near 9.58 again....

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                  unless Moscow in a wurl by itself....

he will never get near 9.58 again....
                  How far away in strides do you think 9.63 was?
                  There is a Jimmy Cliff song where the refrain "You can get it if you really want" is sung. ...wonder if Mr. Bolt really wants...or needs...that "...and it is a New World Record!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    How far away in strides do you think 9.63 was?
                    when was 9.63 ? he wont run any 9.6.s too...

the motivation is not there

Comment

Bolt rules Britannia again as fastest man on the planet sprints to victory at Anniversary Games

By Laura Williamson
                      PUBLISHED:21:52, 26 July 2013| UPDATED:23:51, 26 July 2013 42 shares
                      View
                      comments

Watch out Moscow, Usain Bolt is getting quicker. The six-time Olympic champion ran 9.85sec, his fastest time this season, to win the men’s 100m at the Anniversary Games on Friday night.

It was a technically poor run from the Jamaican, who laboured out of the blocks before powering through in the last 40 metres to beat Michael Rodgers and Nesta Carter into second and third. But it was the result athletics needed after a torrid fortnight, and a performance the packed Olympic Stadium certainly wanted to see.

Easy does it: Bolt won comfortably despite a poor start

Bolt from the blue: The sprint star turned up on a giant rocket-shaped truck

Standings:

1) Usain Bolt (Jam) 9.85
                      2) Michael Rodgers (USA) 9.98
                      3) Nesta Carter (Jam) 9.99
                      4) Kim Collins (SKN) 10.03
                      5) Dwain Chambers (GBR) 10.10
                      6) Rakieem Salaam (USA) 10.14
                      7) Christophe Lemaitre (Fra) 10.23
                      *James Dasaolu (GBR) DNS

Bolt was back in London: winning, running a barefoot lap of honour and pulling his famous ‘Lightning Bolt’ pose on the finish line. This guy certainly knows how to put on a show.

The 26-year-old had entered the stadium on a rocket before the action started, looking particularly cool and relaxed in his sunglasses. If there were any lingering doubts as to who the star attraction was on Friday night, this surely dispelled them. It is desperately unfair on the other elite athletes but Friday night really did feel like a countdown to ‘Bolt time’. Thankfully, however, the big man delivered.

On your marks: The racers get ready to go

‘The crowd here is unbelievable,’ said Bolt. ‘They’re wonderful. It’s good to be back here. I’ve got a lot of love for this stadium and this crowd. For the first time in a long while I was slightly nervous. I knew it was going to be a big crowd but when I got out there I saw that it was ram-packed and the energy was still like the Olympics.

‘The start was horrifying for me but I think it’s just race rust and I just need to get a few races in. I’m feeling good. It was nice to get the win and I’m confident going into Moscow.’

Full flow: Bolt bursts through the field

James Dasaolu, who became the second quickest Briton of all time by running 9.91 a fortnight ago, withdrew from the men’s 100m ‘A’ race less than 10 minutes before the gun, citing feeling a tight hip flexor. Although Dasaolu’s priority is next month’s World Championships, he may also have been unwilling to show his hand too early against the fastest man in history. The Briton, 25, had been drawn next to Bolt in lane four, after all.
                      There was another quick time in the men’s 200m as Bolt’s compatriot Warren Weir, the Olympic bronze medallist, stormed to victory in 19.89, with fellow Jamaican Jason Young also dipping under the 20-second barrier in 19.99.

Winning moment: The Jamaican star crosses the line ahead of his rivals

But there was disappointment for the British trio of Richard Kilty, James Ellington and Delano Williams who, perhaps hampered by their tight inside-lane draws, occupied the last three places.

Adam Gemili will run for Great Britain in the 200m in Moscow but has been overlooked for the 100m after failing to run the ‘A’ qualification standard. The 19-year-old has insisted this is all part of his plan but he got the better of Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, who was selected ahead of him for the 100m at the World Championships, on Friday night.

Walk in the park: Bolt never looked in any danger of not winning the race

Taking the plaudits: Bolt salutes the adoring London crowd

Olympic semi-finalist Gemili recovered from a poor start to beat an all-British cast in the 100m ‘B’ race, winning in a season’s best of 10.16. But the talented teenager needed a strong final 20 metres and a photo finish to edge out Aikines-Aryeetey.

Gemili said: ‘I feel in a lot better shape than I was last year but the race itself wasn’t brilliant again. I know if I can execute my race well, then I can run quicker.’

Memento: Bolt throws his running spikes into the crowd

Sealed with a kiss: Bolt's return to London went according to plan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...#ixzz2aEQOfAA6
                      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X