• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly-Ann Baptiste has tested positive

By Kwame Laurence in Moscow

Story Created: Aug 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM ECT

Story Updated: Aug 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM ECT

Kelly-Ann Baptiste has tested positive for a banned substance, and has left the IAAF World Championships, here in Moscow, Russia.

“She has voluntarily withdrawn from the competition and is heading back to her base,” Trinidad and Tobago team manager Dexter Voisin told the Express, today.

Voisin refused to confirm that Baptiste had tested positive. However, a reliable source later confirmed the positive test.

National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) president Ephraim Serrette said his organisation will issue a press release within 48
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

French hurdler Decaux fails dope test

French sprint hurdler Alice Decaux is the latest athlete to fail a drugs test and will miss the World Championships after testing positive for a banned stimulant.

Decaux had been due to compete in the world championships, which begin in Moscow on Saturday, but did not travel with the French team following her hearing on Thursday.

"She took a supplement containing amphetamines at the European team championships in Gateshead, England in June,"

Michel Marle, head of French federation disciplinary committee told Reuters.

"She is provisionally suspended and cannot take part in the world championships."

Decaux finished fourth in the Gateshead 100m hurdles in 12.94 seconds but recorded a personal best 12.7 seconds in the French championships on July 13 to promote herself into a potential finalist at the world championships.

The 28-year-old now faces a two-year ban.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Ouch
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes..Tyson Gay is a Kcufing punk. Sold her out.

named her to USADA... got her samples retested.

This is after he introduced her to the stuff..

He is a punk. Decided he was not going down alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post

but then again...he did say he was going to do that. fair warning I suppose...

Comment

What is the substance?
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Spare me this folklore.... So why the R-A-$-$ did she take it for? Anyway, she would have been tested in Moscow..

Spin baby spin
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

lol

Comment

Kelly-Ann Baptiste

DRUG BLOW

Baptiste, Hackett go home; Kelly-Ann’s mother: There is a silver lining

Story Created: Aug 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM ECT
                  Story Updated: Aug 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM ECT

The withdrawal of sprinters Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Semoy Hackett from the 14th IAAF World Championships, here in Moscow, Russia, has dented Trinidad and Tobago’s hopes of securing precious metal in the women’s 4x100 metres relay.
                  The news that Baptiste had tested positive for a banned substance and had left Moscow was broken on the Express website (www.trinidad*express.com) at 9.56 a.m. yesterday.
                  “She has volunta*rily withdrawn from the competition and is heading back to her base,” said T&T team manager Dexter Voisin yesterday.
                  However, he refused to confirm that Baptiste had tested positive.
                  “I can’t disclose anything pertaining to that.”
                  However, a source later confirmed that the 2011 World Championship women’s 100 metres bronze medallist had actually returned a positive test.
                  Another T&T sprinter, Semoy Hackett, has also withdrawn from the meet. “They both left (yesterday) morning,” Voisin told the Sunday Express.
                  Hackett, a standout sprinter for Louisiana State University (LSU), had tested positive for methylhexaneamine at the 2012 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Outdoor Track & Field Championships, in Iowa, USA.
                  As a result, she was handed a provisional suspension by a National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) disciplinary panel.
                  The suspension was later lifted by the NAAA panel, and Hackett was free to run at the National Championships, in June.
                  But the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has appealed the NAAA ruling, taking the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). “The IAAF doping department has re-suspended Hackett pending the outcome of the CAS case,” Voisin explained.
                  NAAA president Ephraim Serrette told the Sunday Express yesterday the withdrawal of Baptiste and Hackett from the global meet will be addressed in a press release.
                  With the two Tobago sprinters out of the Championships, the women’s 4x100m relay squad is down to just five athletes—Michelle-Lee Ahye, Kai Selvon, Reyare Thomas, Kamaria Durant and sprint hurdler Aleesha Barber.
                  Coming into the Championships, T&T were strong contenders for a women’s sprint relay podium finish. But now, they will be hard-pressed to be among the top finishers.
                  Baptiste trains in Clermont, Florida, under the guidance of American coach Lance Brauman.
                  One of her training partners in Clermont, American track star Tyson Gay has failed multiple drug tests this year.
                  T&T sprinter Keston Bledman is also coached b y Brauman in Clermont. Following his impressive opening round run in the World Championship men’s 100 metres dash, here in Moscow yesterday, Bledman told the Sunday Express he was saddened by the news that Baptiste had withdrawn from the Championships.
                  “That’s my training partner. Kelly has always been there for me, I’ve been there for her.
                  “Normally, we would be practising, she would be talking to me. She is more experienced than me, but I don’t really know what’s going on with her.
                  “It was playing on my mind at first,” Bledman added.
                  “Kelly just told me she’s leaving in the morning. I never saw her before she left, because I was sleeping for my race. Sad for that blow, but...”

Comment

elevated levels of testosterone...

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    What is the substance?
                    she is proper kcufed...

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                      Spare me this folklore.... So why the R-A-$-$ did she take it for? Anyway, she would have been tested in Moscow..

Spin baby spin
                      because apparently she did not know what she was taking and she is not the sharpest tool in the box...rather like our Asafa.

and I am not spinning anything...long has the time past for athletes to be using the excuse I never knew, because even if that were true they should be banned from the planet for stupidity...but truly in this instance correct protocols were NOT followed by WADA. This was almost entrapment.

Comment

This was almost entrapment.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post

Spin baby spin
                          Because she never expected Gay to rat her out. Male and Female don't complete for the same medasl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Lance Braumann is pizzed.He told them not to trust the Doc that JD introduced them to, esp as its the same Doc that mess up Mllings.

Comment

Working...
                            X