No announcement yet.

Women 400 final going to be a cracker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women 400 final going to be a cracker!

Ohurugu is looking fitter and slimmer and firmer than I have ever seen her before, Montsho also looking pretty good as usual.

What was novlene thinking, she almost faded to fourth and did not finish to the line and left some ticks on the track, hopefully that does not burn her.

Novlene just does not have the competitor fire at the top levels, our women's 4*4 will not compete for the gold, we will be fighting for bronze or silver.

Lets see how much fire smack have in her.

Bredrin when you have gone through what she has go e through and achieved what she has the. Maybe you migh be qualified to talk about her mental strength ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

She probably never had to walk through snow on her way to training.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Ohurugu is looking fitter and slimmer and firmer than I have ever seen her before, Montsho also looking pretty good as usual.

What was novlene thinking, she almost faded to fourth and did not finish to the line and left some ticks on the track, hopefully that does not burn her.

Novlene just does not have the competitor fire at the top levels, our women's 4*4 will not compete for the gold, we will be fighting for bronze or silver.

Lets see how much fire smack have in her.
        you have any clue what this Warrior has been thru over the past 13 months, physically and emotionally ???

SMDH !!
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Gamma, let's not mix up things to much. First thing you don't know me or what I have gone through.

Second is I am not evaluating her as a person, she obviously is a superior and strong woman.

I am evaluating her strictly as a top class athlete within an elite grouping of athletes and what I am saying very clearly is she does not step up to the top class competitors even though her times are as good as many of them.

Comment

Bottom line again, I am comparing her to her top class competition, nothing else. She has been through hell and back obviously but she is at the end of the day a top class 400 runner she has not shown me anything in stepping up to challenge at the top of the group even though clearly she has the talent and all the necessary goods looking from over here.

Comment

Stop now, Stoni. Just stop.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hear you, some things are sacrosanct!

Comment

Or achieved on the world Olympic stage .... I agree.

She may well have achieved as well as she can ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yet she has done well by us - an individual medal and 4x400M medals at top World competitions.

...so I would not say Mrs. Williams-Mills is not of the top drawer.
                    Hey making the finals at the Worlds says you are top drawer!!

Having said that in this meet our young 400M prospect, Ms. Stephanie McPherson, should defeat Mrs. Williams-Mills and could land a medal.

...and at these Championships all is not lost for *Mrs. Williams-Mills as our 4x400M female team is in one respect similar to our *1952 men team, i.e. 3 top runners at 400M and an also ran 4th member of the TEAM.

*Herb(ert) McKenley, George Rhoden and Arthur Wint top 400M men with Leslie Laing a competent 200M man willing to give his all on his 400M leg.

...our current ladies: Novlene Williams-Mills, Rosemary White and young Ms. Ms. Stephanie McPherson all capable of 49.00 change legs and Pam Hall a high 22.00+/low 23.00 sec. 200M runner who if she leaves it all on the track could run under 51 sec on her leg. A medal of any colour says top world class team of runners.

Special big up to Mrs. Novlene Williams-Mills! ...and good luck to the TEAM!!!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Unfortunately, Pat Hall left it all on the track today, with a crazy 400m race, which she must have thought was a 200m.

Watch one called Anastasia Le-Roy in the relay.
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

yeah mi support you on that. Many in her shoes wouldn't be even at the Olympics.

I can only saw Well done.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Kaliese! She is in 52 400mH shape. Kaliese for anchor.

Comment

Novlene to Stephenie to LeRoy/Rosie to Kaliese!

Comment

Kaliese had shown us no fire at all, not anchor material, let her start the race and make smack anchor, she just come to this level and almost medal, consistent and runs great times, she has the fire burning within, you cannot buy it, you cant rent it or borrow it, u must have it within.

Comment

Working...
                              X