4x100 teams for tomorrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x100 teams for tomorrow....

Warren Weir @warren_weir and Oshane Bailey will feature in Jamaica's 4x100m team in tomorrow's heats at the IAAF World Championships in Athletics.

Experienced MVP man and 100m bronze medallist Nesta Carter will hand over to Kemar Bailey-Cole, who will then pass on to his Racers Track Club team-mate Warren Weir, the 200m silver medallist, with Akon Track Club's Oshane Bailey, a former national champion, on the anchor leg.

The women's 4x100m relay team will feature Carrie Russell on the first leg with Kerron Stewart, Schillonie Calvert and Sheri-Ann Brooks completing the team for the heats.

Two athletes can be added to each team for the finals with Usain Bolt and Nickel Ashmeade the likely options for the men's team and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce expected to be added to the female team.

~Andre Lowe
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Watch you lanes and don't drop the baton.

Comment

That is ALL that is needed at this time...there's enough foots peed to take them through.

Comment

Disqualifications

Well, as far as the women’s relay is concerned, Germany, Bahamas, Ukraine and Nigeria are all disqualified. Bahamas won their heat and Germany was second.

The Ukraine women, bronze medalists at the last two globals, messed up badly. I’m not sure, but it seems they might have exchanged their baton outside the 20-meter exchange zone.

Comment

Men's Heats

Well, obviously Bolt will make the difference in the final of the men’s relay. Heats 1 and 2 have been run, and the men’s relays in general were cleaner than the women’s this time around. Generally it’s the opposite, with the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton being the worse example of multiple baton mess-ups I’ve ever seen in my life. No wonder Trinidad got a medal there.

I once made a post on this forum about the Japanese men being quite good 4x100-meter relay runners, and one or two people found that funny. All I can say is that those who don’t realize that Japan is not bad (at junior and senior levels) do not follow track and field closely.

Comment

What do you mean disqualified?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I have to wonder about anyone who claim Jamaica women didnt have the tools to beat the USA or break the W.R in the last olympics , I mean we just ran the 2nd fastest time 41.29 with a B team !

Talking up the bahamas as if ,they had a shot at bronze ?
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                I have to wonder about anyone who claim Jamaica women didnt have the tools to beat the USA or break the W.R in the last olympics , I mean we just ran the 2nd fastest time 41.29 with a B team !

Talking up the bahamas as if ,they had a shot at bronze ?
                why are you picking on Histy??
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

That is like saying Blake has the tools to beat Bolt but did not execute, or Spain had the ability to beat Brazil the other day but did not execute (wonder how Muadib doing today)

They beat us full strength that day and ran faster than anyone has ever run. Until we come close to running that, give them their due.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Get real we had the tools , our B team just did what with what tools , 41.29 , whats thats an outliner ?even SAF said so , funny the same arguement made to justify the USA doing it is scorned by us , we had a 100m gold medalist, a past 200m Gold medalist , a bronze and silver medalist and we screwed it by putting the GOLD medalist to start.

Again what did our B team just do ? Unnuh can hype up Jeter and Felix but ours arent worth salt , except Shelly ? On paper our team could have done it in Beijing and london !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Did Blake have the tools to beat Bolt last year, yes or no?If you say yes, then I agree with you.

On paper we could have. but we would have needed the perfect race which rarely happens.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You comparing an individual race to a team race , that has to do with a plethora of mitigating factors, attitude, times , position on anchors and of course excution.

I expect this kind of reasoning from Ben or Miss -torian the T&F expert. I agree with you in the latter , but mi nuh waan nuh bady tell mi , dem a expert and it impossibile ! It could have been done , and that B bwooy mi say C team prove it.

BTW every Jamaican is a T&F expert.Wi all grow inna champs.

Comment

I am talking London, Beijing is a different story, that was ours.

Comment

You are right about the team today proving that we could have broken 41.00 last year. It could have been done with excellent changes. But for a team to beat you and break the WR and you still saying you could have won...sound a way.

Would be like US. Saying they could have won the Mens last and this year. I guess it was possible but the better team won! The US was the better women's team last year.

Comment

You Make Me Laugh Sometimes!

You know what I find interesting about your comments? You’re making them AFTER the fact; that is, after the race has been run and you’ve seen the results! So, all of your ranting is based on our pleasant, unexpected result (I am sure not even you could have imagined that today this Jamaican team would have run the second fastest time in history).

You sure are an interesting dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X