I Did Not Write This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did Not Write This!

I did not write this, I simply copied it from a news report in today’s Daily Gleaner. This is consistent with the arguments/focus of several of my posts for some time now. As far as I’m concerned, therefore, “Nuff said.”

Playing Hide-And-Seek? - PJ Questions JAAA Competency As VCB Hearing Begins
    Published: Tuesday | September 3, 2013

However, it wasn't long before the three-man Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) Disciplinary Committee panel, led by former Chief Justice Lensley Wolfe, learnt of certain glaring issues concerning Campbell-Brown's case.

According to our information, Patterson, while underlining that he had a request for a pre-hearing conference meeting turned down by the JAAA, which stated that the relevant persons were busy with the recently concluded IAAF World Championships in Moscow, noted the absence of important documentation.

Witness statements not ready

In what has been described as a "disgraceful" turn of events by one person in yesterday's hearing, it was revealed that documents such as the chain-of-custody forms, as well as witness statements, had not been prepared and presented by the JAAA. It is understood that up to last yesterday evening, JAAA officials were trying to put the relevant documentation in place and were also only just trying to get in touch with the doping control officer and site coordinator for the meet, where the positive result was returned.

It was also reported that Patterson questioned the competence of the JAAA team and pointed out that several persons had travelled from overseas to honour the hearing and will now be required to stay in the island longer than expected.

Source: The Daily Gleaner, Tuesday, September 3, 2013

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead4.html

Also in an adversarial proceeding this is what happens. Did you think her lawyer was going to play patty cake? Worse a QC like PJ?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The JAAA

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      Also in an adversarial proceeding this is what happens. Did you think her lawyer was going to play patty cake? Worse a QC like PJ?
      I understand. My concern, however, isn’t about the defense lawyers, as people like P.J. Patterson are not lightweights.

My point of concern is in keeping with my previous posts, that the JAAA and JADCO are overwhelmingly incompetent organizations, and that as long as we have the type of bureaucrats who make up these bodies, Jamaica’s track and field endeavors will continue to experience difficulties.

The Veronica Campbell-Brown matter didn’t arise overnight!! In fact, even the IAAF spokesman had made that world body’s views on the matter clear several months ago. How long does the JAAA need to do what it is required to do, an additional year?

Also, there is the matter of the increased lawyers’ cost to Campbell-Brown arising from these delays.

Comment

Reasonable points

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If there's no chain of custody form then there's no case. You can't jus fill in these forms after the fact...

Comment

Wink, wink. LoL

Comment

These forms come in 4 - 5 carbonated parts.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"carbonated"? like soda?!!

Comment

lol....yup....duplicated
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

We agree here 100%! It amazes me how many of these institutions are run by persons with snow experience yet they do an incredibly amateurish job from time to time.

I think it has to do with an attitude that exists in Jamaica where, although we know better, we need not do better. Where that comes from and why is a mystery to me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

I think it has to do with an attitude that exists in Jamaica where, although we know better, we need not do better. Where that comes from and why is a mystery to me.
                      That's because the Jamaican society is one devoid of accountability.

Comment

Working...
                      X