X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica's drug testing policy to undergo audit

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...-investigation

Unfortunate, but not surprising.

Wada is unhappy that Jamaica has not agreed to a swift inspection. The Jadco chairman Herbert Elliott said it could not accommodate the auditors at the date Wada wanted and was not expecting the visit before the end of the year. "It doesn't over-impress us," Howman said. "If there's going to be that sort of delay, you need to have a better reason."
    If this is true, we are contributing to the excessive scrutiny we are facing.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Tell Wada to set up shop down there, to test our pro athletes,keep them away from champs.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

But a wha dis faadah?

2012 dem give us a clean bill of health, then after R. Shirley's PMSing they threaten to expel us from Olys and WCs and then again no issues in mid September (see link below) and NOW AGAIN dema talk bout audit and non-cooperation?

Dem skitzo!

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussi...article=401264;
        WADA no issues with JamRock...

Comment

I like that idea. Cover the bill too of course.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Here is what my bredrin said:

Is Bolt dem a fish for.

Jamaica play is simple , they need to ring up the Brazilian Track Federation today and get their support, and point blank tell them..."Get these idiots to back off, or you dont see Usain Bolt."

Then contact the media houses who are looking to bid on TV rights for the Opympics . Tell them, Bolt is a no show for Rio.

Argument done

Comment

Naw go happen anyway we have earned the scrutiny with two positive tests.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Why should the public pay for drug testing?
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Who you think should pay for it?

Comment

We have to be savvy with these clowns, tell dem wi bruk, wi is a 3rd world nation, if dem waah extra testing come set up shop,with equal oversight i.e local and forgein Wada bodies.

We win , our athlethes get a world class testing facility, we get more education for our T&F system and wi gwaaan mad dem, dem caaan gwan test dem fast twitch theory in di process.

Egg all over dem face.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

We can certainly make an argument for that, complain that we cannot afford it and we need some funding. With that we offer full transparency or whatever, no more secret business.

However ultimately the responsibility to monitor our athletes must be ours. If we want to jump up and down when we win international races and not be considered suspect, surely we must have a testing system in place that validates our excellence.

Comment

I Agree

Originally posted by X View Post
                        We have to be savvy with these clowns, tell dem wi bruk, wi is a 3rd world nation, if dem waah extra testing come set up shop,with equal oversight i.e local and forgein Wada bodies.

We win , our athlethes get a world class testing facility, we get more education for our T&F system and wi gwaaan mad dem, dem caaan gwan test dem fast twitch theory in di process.

Egg all over dem face.
                        For a while now I’ve been privately agreeing with this view that you’ve repeatedly expressed. The way I see it, your proposal is the best (probably the only) way out of our present dilemma. In fact, I cannot visualize any other successful approach that we’ll be able to take.

Comment

Which 2, yuh mean the stimulants?
                          Steeeuuups.

Comment

No dat mi a seh long time???

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post

Egg all over dem face.

Betta yuh stap 'kill di young coach a 'pool' han affah yuh services tuh JAAA and JADCO!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X