VCB Cleared!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    And all this money will be spent on athletics while some schools don''t have good IT facilities, labs or rest rooms!

But Karl say is ok. We should be excellent in all areas. If only money was elastic.
    So it is 'the athletics' why schools do not have good IT facilities, labs or rest rooms?

Tired to hear of such nonsense.

Wonder why it has been so for 'donkey years'?

Go and lead a drive to have all schools have
    good IT facilities, labs or rest rooms
    ands leave the other necessary things alone.

btw - I have said on this site and elsewhere that instituting a policy of 'drug-testing' in schools is folly. I still hold to that position.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      DR QUACK IS IN HEAVEN TESTING AT CHAMPS ! Biggest mistake we will ever make our program will be stygmatised by the international media as a steriod factory,every youth caught with over the counter medication will be blown up as an abuser and it will follow them for life.

CAS has ordered the JAAA to pay a portion of Campbell-Brown’s legal costs in connection with the appeal, he said.
      “Veronica Campbell-Brown has maintained her innocence and her integrity throughout this long ordeal,” Jacobs said
      I don't know much about this drug testing thing but I don't thing its a wise idea to test for something that could be invested via am over the counter medication. The things that they should be testing for are hard core steroids.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        DR QUACK IS IN HEAVEN TESTING AT CHAMPS ! Biggest mistake we will ever make our program will be stygmatised by the international media as a steriod factory,every youth caught with over the counter medication will be blown up as an abuser and it will follow them for life.

CAS has ordered the JAAA to pay a portion of Campbell-Brown’s legal costs in connection with the appeal, he said.
        “Veronica Campbell-Brown has maintained her innocence and her integrity throughout this long ordeal,” Jacobs said
        There you go...on point!
        Just think on it...within context of the household incomes of vast majority of Jamaicans? Do we really expect the majority of our families or student-athletes to concentrate on or research the foods ingested? ...costs to the families to do same?

...and what about the boy or girl with talent just outside the first line selected to represent the school who at short notice is called on to fill-in? Will they be firstly subjected to the particular school's controlled 'drug testing system' to ensure a 'return of adverse analytical result' could not occur if required tested by ISSA?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Research??? Who is going to do these research? Some of these kids come from innercity communities where their parents bridge light and water and barely can put food on the table. Where will they get the information about which banned substances are in what food and supplement? Will JADCO be providing this information to the schools and their coaches? Who will be responsible for informing and educating special talented athlete, John Tom who lives his Granny in the rural hills of Manchester? What age group will they be looking to test? There is a difference when the athlete goes on to represent Jamaica. Who the whatsitnotsit is going to be paying for these tests?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

take that!!!!

need i remind you all how some of "us" was quick to throw her under a bus?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

X, all the argument a gwaan cross the T&F site. Ah desso noice!

Comment

yuh nuh.

A tell you.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

100% NOT GUILTY : Veronica Campbell Brown
                  Sun Mar 2, 2014 19:27

Veronica was truly freed
                  By Rachael Irving

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

It is time we put aside our differences and work for the good of anti-doping in our isle, Jamaica.

The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) was drawn over the coal recently. They have made many crucial changes and I urge support for this entity.

Whilst we might not get it right sometimes, sport is crucial to our survival and is the single most unifying force across all classes in Jamaica. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has enacted in January of 2014 the steroid, urine passport.

Whatever is in your system will be linked to whatever is passed out in your urine. It is a new method of sanctioning and I urge all athletes to try and understand what is required of them to survive and thrive in their sporting career.

Athletes must be extra careful and make sure their hands are washed frequently after each handshake or contact.

It is unethical to write or comment on the Veronica Campbell Brown case while it was pending. Many a night I would say a silent prayer for her as I remembered this young, innocent girl, who allowed me to take some DNA samples from her in her room at the Wyndham Hotel in 2008.

We were doing some scientific studies on the genetic profile of Jamaican sprinters and she had flown in for one of the national trials.

I hear many persons saying that she was exonerated because of a technical error. WADA sets its machines at a minimum standard to detect diuretics: "For the detection of diuretics in urine in sports doping, a single minimum required performance level (MRPL) of 250 ng·mL_1 is fixed by WADA for accredited laboratories (WADA, 2009e)".

A nanogramme is one billionth of a gramme. So many things can contaminate your test without you knowing. You can touch someone who just had a diuretic in his or her hand for taking and you put your hand to your mouth or scratch and you are contaminated. You can drink from a relative on a diuretic (Chlorothiazide, Lasix) and get contaminated. So many of our older relatives in Jamaica are hypertensive and are on diuretics to manage their condition.

It is important that we teach our sport stars about the necessity for vigilance at all times. Many things can happen that he or she is unaware of and without a competent science and legal team, the person's career could be effectively over. While we teach them to be vigilant we must not place so much pressure on them that competition becomes robotic and unenjoyable.

It is important for Jamaican sport stars to believe in themselves and have unwavering faith that they will overcome in spite of the many obstacles.

In 1948, this Jamaican girl, later Dr Cynthia Thompson, travelled in the hull of a ship to London. Then, Jamaicans were rarely allowed to travel by air. She set an Olympic record in one of the heats of the 200 metres sprint and came fourth overall.

Dr Cynthia Thompson is still alive and is an inspiration to many of us. I think she, too, is Veronica's inspiration. Veronica was exonerated and we must look on her as never committing a doping offence.

The sporting bodies of the world have collectively signed the UNESCO Convention which is aligned to the highest ranked Sporting Court (CAS) and CAS has set Veronica free, therefore she is truly freed.

Let's watch as she makes us proud at the World Indoor Championships.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X