• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuking Jamaican bandwagon Wada Journalism

The innocent ones are forever guilty
    BY TREVOR HALL

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

CAMPBELL BROWN... recently cleared by the Court of Arbitration in Sports, but has suffered damage to her reputation

It is a fundamental human right that a person is presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law. This is true, except for athletes. Athletes who fail a drug test are automatically labelled as guilty of doping, even before they can defend themselves. The stigma of guilt lasts forever, even if an athlete is later exonerated. The innocent athlete who returns an adverse analytical finding, the euphemism for failing a drug test, can never get back his/her good name. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and national anti-doping organisations owe it to the sport, the athletes, coaches, parents, fans, sponsors, and the athletes' nations to stop this injustice.

Track and field has a chequered history when it comes to athletes using performance-enhancing drugs. Many elite athletes have fooled the world, enjoying fame and making millions of dollars. Drug use in athletics began back in the 1950s, at the dawn of the Cold War, when Communist athletes, mainly in the throwing events, used steroids to become stronger and throw farther. Other athletes discovered that steroids enhanced the performance of runners and jumpers. The superpowers ran the world and monopolised global sports.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...uilty_16296681

Some journalist came here and defended this type of character assasination journalism....made me puke.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

This article, I think, gets to the heart of the problem.

Additionally, the writer has underlined the unnecessary burdensome weight ISSA has placed on our young promising students in the following

Many ordinary people who take over-the-counter cold medications would fail the WADA drug test.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...uilty_16296681
    The writer just did not go far enough in his statement. The situation as it applies is, Many ordinary people who take over-the-counter medications would fail the WADA drug test. Period!

Our Jamaica reality of families with inadequate financial resources is many of our families will purchase the cheaper over-the-counter medications as they act in their children and families best interests. No attempt at cheating. Mere attempts at surviving.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Veronica Campbell Brown's exoneration
      Implications for ISSA’s Boys and Girls Champs

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

CAMPBELL-BROWN… was initially sanctioned for a diuretic yet she had problems passing urine based on her report.

THE main purposes of the International Standard for Testing are to ensure the safety and identity of the samples collected, from the time the athlete is notified of the test to the time the samples are transported to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accredited laboratory.

Veronica's exoneration raises many questions about the integrity and safety of athletes' samples. While I have not seen the recorded reports from the Court of Sports Arbitration (CAS), the athlete in a press conference declared that she gave two samples yet three were sent for testing. I cannot understand how this could have happened. What frightens me however is, had it been a lesser athlete without the high-profile representation, a career would have been destroyed.

I want the readers to follow me through the doping control process. Normally one lead or senior Doping Control Officer (DCO) usually takes responsibility for sample collection services in a sterile secured place called a Doping Control Station (DCS) that should be accessible to only highly authorised personnel.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...ation_16326232

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"Veronica's exoneration raises many questions about the integrity and safety of athletes' samples. While I have not seen the recorded reports from the Court of Sports Arbitration (CAS), the athlete in a press conference declared that she gave two samples yet three were sent for testing. I cannot understand how this could have happened. What frightens me however is, had it been a lesser athlete without the high-profile representation, a career would have been destroyed."

Dr. Rachel Irving - the lone voice of reason.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That's why testing youths at champs is a no go or no brainer.

Comment

correct ... we should even be debating whether they should be tested. that alone is a testament of wtf is going on here!!

dem mek people frighten dem .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I call this a human rights issue ...pure madness and abuse , Dr Wright and Di next one , would be in heaven...tip of the iceberggg.

Comment

Good post!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fast forward to Jamaica, what is the age limit for those to be tested? What exactly is the testers looking for? Surely, they cannot equate a 16 year old taking for example an asthma medication with that of a professional athlete. The extreme case of painkiller with Shelly-Ann Fraser Price situation I hope will not be applied to school kids running at a national high school meet. I can understand the testing of those who meet the world junior age limit. What I would like to know is if there is an age limit? Recently a 14 year old ran 48.54 over the 400m. An excellent run I would say. Are they going to test this kid? If he were my son, my answer would be “over my dead body”. He is too young to represent his country at the international level so there is no justifiable reason for him to be tested in my mind.

http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/...testing/12103/
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X