Two (2) Days To Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two (2) Days To Go!

Well, it’s a mere two days to go before the start of the year’s biggest athletics event! In fact, Jamaica’s team should be landing in Nassau, Bahamas sometime this afternoon. Others such as Kenya’s powerful team will be doing the same. The large USA team landed yesterday.

My biggest disappointment so far is the injury and subsequent withdrawal of our best young female quarter-miler, Stephenie McPherson. No matter how anyone tries to spin it, this will be a major blow to our 4x400-meter relay team. Fellow quarter-miler Christine Day’s apparent injury certainly does not help matters!

Then, of course, there are the questions surrounding sprinters Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Natasha Morrison. Both (and Day as well) will be travelling to the Bahamas with the team, but at the same time all we can do is hope that their injuries were minor and that they’ve recovered by now.

The IAAF World Relays is one of the best things that could happen to track and field! The timing (May) is a bit early, but we can expect some great, competitive performances from the world-class athletes who’ll be taking part. And there are many of them!

I agree that the timing of this is wrong. I also think that our own Supreme Ventures Meet in May occurs at the wrong time of the year. I think these meets should come after the Diamond League is finish and should take place around September or early October. At that time of the year, the athletes have reached their peak or starting to taper down. It also extend the season so that the athletes can continue earning and give us fans on this side of the world a chance to see World beaters.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes, yes stephanie looking good fi truut, ah hope is not ah serious injury an jus precautionary measures by di camp.

Comment

Any live streams?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

TV-J Coverage

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          Any live streams?
          Gamma, I had a list of links, but I’m not sure where it is at the moment. I’m pretty sure, though, that both TV-J and TV-J Sports are carrying it live!

Comment

Working...
          X