Jamaica sets new WR in 4x200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica sets new WR in 4x200

Jamaica’s men’s 4x200m quartet improved the world record* by 0.05 with a run of 1:18.63 at the IAAF World Relays in Nassau, The Bahamas, on Saturday (25).

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaa...es-relay/final
    Peter R

Since unuh late on posting the videos, I will. As expected the women messed up on their baton exchange.

women's 4x100
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtAS...dvl_FL01JOzDOA

men's 4x200
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48003XIBAWg
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Very nice!
      Who is Jermaine Brown? This report clearly suggests that he ran 20.63 on his leg which was not the first leg and I know that Dwyer has run much faster than that on a flat leg, why was Brown started over Dwyer, seems like they could have obliterated that record with another twenty flat leg which Dwyer is certainly capable of doing in a relay.

Comment

Jamaican third leg was clearly not up to the task relative to the Us third leg who ran those legs.

Comment

Comes down to coaching & preparation...
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks for the vids.. I was looking for them but failed to find them... must have beenuploaded after my post
            Peter R

Comment

Tarmoh tore up Calvert, coaching and prep helps but Tarmoh was burning hot.

Comment

Wonder why SAFP did not run. Is VCB in the BAH?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Very nice!
                  Who is Jermaine Brown? This report clearly suggests that he ran 20.63 on his leg which was not the first leg and I know that Dwyer has run much faster than that on a flat leg, why was Brown started over Dwyer, seems like they could have obliterated that record with another twenty flat leg which Dwyer is certainly capable of doing in a relay.
                  Yow Stoni... di man dem win an' bruk wirl record.... whe yuh ah diss di yute fah???

Nuff respek to di team.. Jermaine Brown included
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Re: Schillonie Calvert

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Tarmoh tore up Calvert, coaching and prep helps but Tarmoh was burning hot.
                    Schillonie Calvert did well on the curve last year at the IAAF World Championships in Moscow, helping the Jamaican women to run the second fastest relay in history by any women’s team. She has not really impressed so far this year, and I was hoping that the selectors would have used Simone Facey instead on the curve.

Facey, of course, will almost certainly be on tonight’s 4x200-meter relay team, along with anchorwoman Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

Samantha Henry-Robinson’s fast closing on the USA’s anchor Lakeisha Lawson in last night’s 4x100-meter final showed that, with good baton exchanges from Kerron Stewart to Calvert, and from Calvert to Henry-Robinson, we could have gotten the gold!

Comment

Re: VCB

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      Wonder why SAFP did not run. Is VCB in the BAH?
                      No, Gamma, Veronica Campbell-Brown was not selected to Jamaica’s team.

Shelly-Ann will most likely anchor tonight’s 4x200-meter team.

Comment

Would have been much better with Facey, the Jamaican anchor leg person was also not the strongest, looks like we needed more than a little luck there, just not enough quality, should have been Stewart to Facey to safp that is the rest of the winning squad.

Comment

No, not my intent, just made new wonder why? Always seeking the utmost for the highest!!

Comment

Working...
                          X