$2billion for the Clippers??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2billion for the Clippers??????

So how much would Heat, Lakers, Spurs & other storied NBA franchises are worth??? Not to mention almost half the NFL teams & European clubs like Real Madrid, Man. U, Barcelona, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/cli...steve-ballmer/

Unreal.The stock price of Madison Square Garden Co. jumped up a decent amount on the news. They own the Rangers and the Knicks. Anaysts figure the Knicks are worth 3b if the Clippers are worth 2b.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

you cuss out some people and get 2 billion for it, What kinda punishment is that? Now him can his wife and kids can buy about 4 or 5 more teams.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well if you forcing the man to sell you cant stop him from selling it for the market value. Either you want the man to go away or you don't.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

That's not the market value. The last valuation of the NBA teams have the Knicks #1 at $1.4B & the Clippers #13 at $575M. This bid is very interesting & somewhat suspicious. Do you realize that Man. U is valued at $2.7B?

Comment

Which league, in the US, would he be able to own a team???

Comment

who can stop his kids(if he has any) and his wife to buy any other team???
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                That's not the market value. The last valuation of the NBA teams have the Knicks #1 at $1.4B & the Clippers #13 at $575M. This bid is very interesting & somewhat suspicious. Do you realize that Man. U is valued at $2.7B?

The franchise is based in Los Angeles.
                Where do players want to go? LA.
                Closest proximity to the Asian market? LA
                Advertising center? LA
                How many tourist will want to see clippers games and buy stuff as they do for the lakers.

Sterling was the worst owner in the league.

Comment

Not this LA franchise. For decades one of the worst teams in the league & often seen as a joke. No one seriously offered to buy this team until now & check the bidders history....4th team he has bid on & the first 3 helped the league & teams to get public funding for new arenas.

Comment

Well, his wife & kids made an offer to keep the team & completely remove the father, but the other owners, who approves ownership, unanimously voted against the family owning a franchise.

Comment

So if they voted against the kids and wife for because of the sins of the father, are they any better??? if the family members themselves have no history of bad behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        Not this LA franchise. For decades one of the worst teams in the league & often seen as a joke. No one seriously offered to buy this team until now & check the bidders history....4th team he has bid on & the first 3 helped the league & teams to get public funding for new arenas.
                        They were the worst franchise because Sterling was cheap, didn't like to pay stars and liked to load u on draft picks. The NBA's single entity revenue sharing model ensured that he could continue to do nothing and receive mega profits from his $12 million investment.

David Stern gifted them Chris Paul and now they are doing better than the Lakers with attendance (they use to give away tickets and now they are harder to get than the Lakers) . Any potential owner knows that they are getting a gold mine.

Comment

If in January the Clippers were the 13th richest NBA team, then I can't wait to see next January's valuation of the league, especially the 14 teams that were ahead of them.
                          Last edited by USAF; June 1, 2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

So that is your explanation (from your 2 posts) why the bidder offered $2B for a team that was valued at $575M less than six months before???

Comment

Address that question to the owners. The players & Doc Rivers had no problems with the wife and communicated with her, even telling her that they wanted her to attend the games during the whole ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                              X