Cricket lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket lovely cricket

So this morning I'm flicking through my tv channels and was surprised to come across some cricket. It was a match between England and Sri Lanka. I have not watched cricket nor followed it in 15 years. Outside of Chris Gayle I know nobody. I caught the game with England batting and needing 22 runs off 15 balls. It was a beautiful scenery and an intriguing game. All the memories came flooding back. Off side, leg side, Yorker, wide ball. However I saw the Sri Lankan bowler, Malinga, flinging the ball and wondered how is that allowed. I also liked the colored uniforms. I also noticed that the batsmen are no longer heavily padded like back in the days. I could find myself watching another game.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Malinga is what they call a side-armer or a slinger... by the definition of "bowling" he is not flinging the ball; it only appears so. Another thing that a bowler is allowed to do is to "break" his wrist (particularly fast bowlers) which also gives the illusion of flinging.

If you want to watch the faster version of the game go to this site : www.crictime.com and watch the IPL T20 final tomorrow (today Sunday) starting at 10:30 am. Some minor rule changes like fielding restrictions, wides called like One day international wides (nothing allowed down the legside) time outs (one per side) and plenty yam lickin'
    Peter R

Comment

Welcome back. You should check out T20 Jangle, it is for the cricket fan who doesn't have a lot of time and wants to see a fast paced, exciting game with spectacular highlights.

I never watched club cricket before T20, now it provides some of the most entertaining cricket being played via IPL, Big Bash and others.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X