Did Mayweather say anything wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather say anything wrong?

Floyd Mayweather Says; "What Has Africa Done For …: http://youtu.be/0Jf5rGtCmuQ

BLACK LIVES MATTER

no. he made the money so he has a right to determine how he spends it.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not wrong, it is his money but I think he could have made the same point in a way that didn't sound so heartless.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I disagree with you both.

Of course it is his money, but when black people act like it is their skills that got them where the are and forget to put something back in the community...I have a problem with that.

No one is asking him to give away all of his money or even a tithe of it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I didn't hear him say he doesn't give away anything though. I more heard him having a problem with people dictating to him what organizations to give his money to and how much.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You should give witbout thinking about getting back.
            His bread and butter comes from a country that gives handouts to Africa and and take far more back.

Comment

and you will be the first one laughing at and mocking him on this forum if he were to go broke

Comment

How do the sins of the US govt or other private citizens make him accountable with his personal assets? Are you in any way accountable for the money the Jamaican politicians and businessmen have stolen over the last 50 years?

Comment

If he has 100 million dollars and gives away 1 million to charity, and still goes broke...best believe I'd be first in line!

Btw, how much is 1 million dollars as a percentage of 100 million dollars?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He said not a damn thing wrong. It's his money and he should spend it as how he sees fit. Are those people who are trying to dictate to him how to spend his money in the ring with him getting punched? If he has legitimate businesses that are employing people, then he's giving back to his community.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good boxer, but ignorant an brash, typical ah him nationality away, idiot dem deh

Comment

aks rockman

Comment

Black Americans are the most successful, wealthy, powerful and educated black population.. by far..

Comment

Africa is a continent,are the poor people there guilty of not doing anything for Mayweather?
                            Who owns the cable channel that pays him so well?
                            These celebrities have to remember that when they somehow find themselves in trouble,we are often the only race coming to their defense,what did Mayweather do for me?

Comment

Neither Mayweather nor the poor Africans are guilty of anything. That is the point.

Personally I see no need to defend a man worth more than 100 million if he gets himself in trouble due to his own actions. Didn't feel any obligation to defend Tiger nor would I feel any to defend Mayweather.

If you and other black people want to take on that burden instead of improving self and those in need in the community, more power to you all. I have more important work to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X