I think Tiger Woods is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Tiger Woods is done

I am not sure we will ever see him back to the Tiger of old. He hurt his back on his tee shot on the ninth hole. He puts so much into his tee shots though as if he does not realize that he is not as young as he used to be.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/28633796
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

How do you think (golf) history will treat him? I don't think he's accomplished what we (his fans) expected of him after he burst onto the pro scene 18 years ago... Can't believe how the time has flown.

I always expected him to mash up Jack Nicklaus majors wins record... at least by now.

He is still young enough, but he'll need to get healthy and and get really focussed ..and leave dem young gyal alone...enuh, res' him back!

I wish him all the best!
    Peter R

Comment

He was on his way to shatter all of Nicklaus' records until that fateful day.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just five more needed and he can go his way. That record need to be broken by him.

Comment

I think wife shattered it all that day with a number 9 iron. LOL
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Don't look like he'll make it. Sad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you think?

Comment

It is very unlikely that he will. 6 years since his last major and the fear factor is long gone, he isn't even in contention much anymore. Add the more recent back issues to that and I really can't see it happening.

Regardless, at his best he was better than anyone has ever been.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Tiger has withdrawn from consideration for the Ryder Cup matches vs. Europe. He needs time to heal.

As for "majors" I wouldn't count Tiger out. Jack Nicklaus won the 1986 Masters at age 46. Phil Mickelson was 42 when he won the British Open last year and finished second in the PGA this year. Tom Watson was an eight-foot putt away from winning the 2009 British Open for the sixth time at age 59.

Comment

Working...
                  X