RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde is a throwback of latter years,he is something special.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyde is a throwback of latter years,he is something special.

Hyde juggles football with athletics
    BY SHERDON COWAN

Sunday, August 03, 2014 4 Comments

Jaheel Hyde clears a hurdle during the 400m final at the World Junior Championships in Eugene, Oregon. (PHOTO: PAUL REID)

"Both are close to my heart."

That is the declaration of the multi-talented Jaheel Hyde who is reluctant to confirm if his true love lies with football or track & field.

"I won't say I love one more, but I love both of them just the same," he told reporters shortly after the World Junior Championships team returned home at the Norman Manley International Airport on Monday night

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...etics_17287759
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I don't know if today's high school athletes are more overworked than those of yesteryear, but our school boy history shows many multi-sport athletes excelling and going on to successful careers.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He better learn to love T&F more.He is a below average baller on the world stage, while is is Boltesque in T&F on the world stage!

Comment

Why is he a below average baller in your opinion. He is a superior athlete, with superior discipline, he is very quick and he has shown an ability to dominate his peers on the football field within his age group. What have you seen in his play that makes him an average baller, just asking, I don't know, I have not seen him play.

What I do know is we have sufficient talent outside of Hyde to compete at 110 and 400h for a long time to come and competing and potentially winning those events in the future at major games may be nice but if this guy can be one superior baller, he needs to play ball and forget track.

Comment

lol ! woiee !

Pretend you are his daddy.. then wheel and come again..

Comment

Stoni how does that make sense. He is a special hurdling talent, capable of being the best in the world one day if not more than that.

He is not even the best baller in Manning Cup which is a below average competition for that age group.

One should not choose a career based on what we would like , it should be based on what is best for the athlete.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

He is not even the best in the Manning Cup and you have to ask? In track, he is the best in the WORLD!

Comment

Zackly!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Why is he a below average baller in your opinion. He is a superior athlete, with superior discipline, he is very quick and he has shown an ability to dominate his peers on the football field within his age group. What have you seen in his play that makes him an average baller, just asking, I don't know, I have not seen him play.

What I do know is we have sufficient talent outside of Hyde to compete at 110 and 400h for a long time to come and competing and potentially winning those events in the future at major games may be nice but if this guy can be one superior baller, he needs to play ball and forget track.
                  Wonder if Willi is saying he is dumb?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl how you deduce that from Willi's statement?
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Karl how you deduce that from Willi's statement?
                      Well he is developing very well physically, he is quick, developing technical skills 'nicely'...a tremendous talent/great potential upside...so it is only maturity (grasping from excellent teachers/coaches knowledge on "the how" of the game and mature use of his brain) that is missing...

So if Willi is not concerned about his current levels of physical and technical skill at this stage of his development and potential for physical and technical development then that leaves - 'thinking power'=Is he smart enough...is there something on potential for mature development that Willi thinks/sees missing?

Just asking!
                      ...not saying that I have not completely misread the comment and 'jumped down the wrong path' ...but...?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Stoni how does that make sense. He is a special hurdling talent, capable of being the best in the world one day if not more than that.

He is not even the best baller in Manning Cup which is a below average competition for that age group.

One should not choose a career based on what we would like , it should be based on what is best for the athlete.
                        We have to be careful on that Manning and DaCosta Cup player being below what holds at that age-group across the World. I think many of our players at these lower age groups using same school v school measurement (cricket, football & T&F...etc.) will hold their own. It is when we put them in national team situations that the gap becomes pronounced. The individual technical skills, physical ability and mental capacity...? No problem!

...look at it another way - Our teachers and our tools when compared to others in 'developed football nations'...could be compared to our kids being exposed to beepers and those in the developed world being exposed to the latest i(whatever) or tablet whereon both kids are thrown that latest gizmo/the latest gizmo.

We all know the immediate result. One kid is at home and thus performs/uses the gizmo well...the other at sea!

The FOOTBAL TEAM concept the kids in the 'developed football nations' are exposed to is waaaay more advanced and thus 'digested'. That is displayed on the field. Our kids with commensurate potential display what they have been exposed to and taught.

I would not write off Hyde or jump to the conclusion that he is any less likely to become a World -beater in football when put along side track & field i.e. his hurdling and sprinting.

Our track and field teachers take no back seat to other at the top of that discipline anywhere in the World. As far as his sprinting and hurdling goes - Hyde has been and is being exposed to 'cutting edge gizmos'...unlike his football where the coaching specifically on TEAM-play is 'discarded gizmos'...teaching that has long gone the way of the beeper!

Comment

I can show you a 13 yo Brazilian better than him in ball, who is featured on Uchube...no one is better than him in the hurdles.

Comment

Huh?

So, given that he is better than you in Ball, does that make U dumb????

He has one clear professional sporting path to follow. Any other choice is sub-optimal in the extreme.

Bolt loves football and Blake loves cricket, BUT dem bread butter in track.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                              I can show you a 13 yo Brazilian better than him in ball, who is featured on Uchube...no one is better than him in the hurdles.
                              Tricks?
                              ..or playing? TEAM-play I am sure we could find many better from the 'developed football playing nations'. ...but I would not write him off if he is given similar teaching immediately (next few months).

Comment

Working...
                              X