• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If JC were a business, I'd buy shares

If JC were a business, I'd buy shares
    Thursday, December 04, 2014

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lette...hares_18049512
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    If JC were a business, I'd buy shares
    Thursday, December 04, 2014

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lette...hares_18049512
    But JC IS A BUSINESS....and the turnaround model should be studied in business school

JC is run by a few of Jamaica's best business brains applying a corporate philosophy to management & development. Everything is tracked, quantified & subject to critical analysis...then decisions are made based on the data

Starting with the poor situation in 2006 when Danny Williams took over as Chairman and he realized the principal, vice-principal and their team were clueless....what was the first action? How do you get rid of tenured teachers? Go to the ministry and complain... then wait 5 years for action? No

He raised millions from alumni and BOUGHT out their contracts...then recruited new & dynamic leadership within a few months. That's more a Wall Street approach than Heroes Circle

Mi ave some shares a sell inna di Robotics Business Unit...yuh ready fi buy yet?
    Last edited by Don1; December 4, 2014, 08:08 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Kudos mi bredda ,di shitstem nuh perfect but if unnuh a raise and set educational,sports and business standards,who can cast stone.

ISSA needs to study it and see how they can recommend and implement holistic changes across the board.

I am thinking if JC can buy 10 man and 6 can pass CXC maths or english , no home economics,they should be allowed to buy more ,oopps recruit.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

lol.. but I don't think they admit dunces. Not just student-athletes but all are expected to meet the school's academic targets ...and where any have problems programmed assistance is provided.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Suh how many of the recruits passed subjects , excluding home economics with a decent grade.

Comment

Wrong person...dat personal info on select students is not my responsibility

Comment

OK sah,i thought you had the data on all things JC,suh how yuh can defen di buying ?...mine Mo wake up and sight di arguement..lol

Delete..lol

Comment

It tek time fi fruits fi ripe though as academic passes have not yet caught up.

I love how StGC quitely creep up (just) past Wolmers Boys in the CXC results rankings without all the media/PR fuss. KC/JC/CBar have lots of work to do.

We walk quietly and carry big pick axe stick.

We cant touch unno pon di robotix front though...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

I love how StGC quitely creep up (just) past Wolmers Boys in the CXC results rankings without all the media/PR fuss. KC/JC/CBar have lots of work to do.

You should be careful with those "rankings" by that private study...they're flawed as schools game the exam results. The MOE's granular school assessments are far more valuable to see where schools are

But yes.. JC's academic results are improving but slower than other areas like infrastructure or sports which respond to investment rapidly. Academic outcomes in JA are LARGELY a function of the quality of the intake...which for JC was really mediocre up until recently. It takes maybe 8-10 years to totally recycle a mediocre to poor cohort of a 2K student school

With the infrastructure, leadership & public image of the school now restored to the traditional quality... the student quality is following. I understand that this year the GSAT intake's performance was averaging in the 90s... and that should continue. So we're projecting more advances

BTW...Yes JC has a robust PR presence to counter the badmind set...but as the national leader whatever we do, good or bad.... automatically becomes national news without any special effort from us

It can be a burden but wi cyaan duh nutten bout dat
                  Last edited by Don1; December 4, 2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

You're off base. It's not for me to prove anything... neither myself nor JC is on trial

It's for the ignorant critics to prove that their ignorant accusations are based on data and not Jamaican suss.

What I can state based on data is that JC has the best or one of the best management SYSTEMS in Jamaican schools...and that the school managers are of unimpeachable integrity

Comment

According to those rankings Wolmers and StGC are the top Boy's schools in the nation.

Unlike the other old boy's club our ego does not need to be massaged, we just press along quietly and kick off ppl face.

Comment

Is di MOE ones I used...

Comment

We are deploying the Phds to tutor the athletes.

the goal is to get as many skallaships as we can! ;-)

Comment

We are deploying the Phds to tutor the athletes.

the goal is to get as many skallaships as we can! ;-)
                            ok boss....noice

Comment

So what wrong with Home Economics why it nuh count?
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X