Ndamukong Suh record setting contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndamukong Suh record setting contract

This is the largest contract given to a defensive player......Forgot to post this earlier.

The reason I posted this here is because Suh's mother is Jamaican. He's also a soccer fan & played as a kid. His father, from Cameroon, played in Germany.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...tting-contract

Can you explain why the big variation between the base salaries of these two years?

Cash value: $23,500,000
    Salary cap charge: $28,600,000
    Workout bonus: $15,000
    Base salary: $23,485,000

Cash value: $10,000,000
    Salary cap charge: $15,100,000
    Workout bonus: $15,000
    Base salary: $9,985,000
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That would be an agreement between both sides, & players will agree to things like this to help the team fit in under the salary cap, or close to it, which can also help the team sing other good free agents......Plus for Suh, he gets $60M in guaranteed money & that type of guaranteed money is usually reserved to the TOP quarterbacks.

Comment

Only hope he plays good because if he doesn't then Miami is in a hole for a while.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He's been the best & most feared defensive lineman since he entered the league. Every team would want him, but only about 4 could afford to sign him......Remember that the full contracts, in the NFL, aren't guaranteed, so they would only have to pay him $60M, which he got as guaranteed money.

Comment

I know he is a good player but I but it is a chance for one man getting so much in a league that is so full with injuries and a team like Miami that needs other good players around him.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve the money but if you are a GM or coach, your job could be weighted on this one signing. Miami will not be able to buy much more with his and a decent quarterback salary.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X