Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have we here?! Elaine T 11.09 into -1.0

http://www.trackalerts.com/Videos/el...0m-final/5652/

Her drive phase was about 10m long. After dat, she just burnt up the track!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Filling Voids

Elaine Thompson’s run was simply superb! Our track and field future, at this point, seems bright all around (including, at last, the men’s 400-meter event -- Greg Haughton had retired a long time ago!)!

To be honest, I had been worrying about Jamaica’s ability to continue our dominance in the sprints after the retirement of VCB, Shelly-Ann, Usain and Yohan. I rarely use youth performance as a guide, and those of us who have closely followed Champs over the past several decades and witnessed the countless failures to live up to expectations as seniors will understand what I mean.

It is not always easy to fill voids. For example, despite a short breakout period for Shericka Williams (2008-2009), there was a lull in medal-winning 400-meter performances following the retirement of our great quarter-milers Sandie Richards and Lorraine Graham-Fenton. Thankfully, the talented Stephenie McPherson seems to be stepping in to fill that gap.

Brigitte Foster-Hylton’s retirement and Melaine Walker’s bizarre decision have left a major void in our female hurdlers’ 100-meter and 400-meter events. I am praying, however, that young Yanique Thompson will live up to the absolutely remarkable potential she has so far shown.

Looking at field events, I am heartened by triple jumper Kimberly Williams’ performances and attitude so far.

Comment

Yuh nah penny runnings!

Franno running riot. Look out for Elaine, Christannia, Julian Forte, Russell in the 400mh, Simmonds in the 100mh, Kemarley and Andrew Fischer…and these are just the "sson buss". Carter and Shelly should be going strong too.

MVP ketch dem 2nd wind.

Yannique got blown away at Intercol by the 2 Utech ladies. They have better hurdling technique.
        Last edited by Willi; April 2, 2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

And she might cyaan manage Christ Williams...

Comment

10.95s if +1 wind.

Comment

Racers dont promote women ?
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

http://www.trackalerts.com/Videos/me...intercol/5656/

Comment

Nice nothing in the 100,200 or 400 for women
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

All videos are there or at youtube…hunt around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Her drive phase was about 10m long. After dat, she just burnt up the track!

How long was the drive phase for lanes 1 and 7?
                      Which schools ran in lane 1 and lane 7?
                      I am not too sure that the lady in lane 1 was running. Her arm swing looks live she is fast walking.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

So show me suppn Nuh!!!

Comment

See the trackalerts video link...

Comment

Cho yuh salt man, I gave been looking for Christ Williams, Christine Williams, Christmas Williams and cyan find nothing yet.

Comment

Ok, find her now, came third in 200, she looks ok, but I far prefer Elaine Thompson.

Comment

Working...
                              X