Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Times - "Champs"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/sp...n-jamaica.html

Harrison is one of Jamaica’s most successful track coaches. He has a restless eye for talent. Several years back, he was in the Turks and Caicos Islands and noticed the center fielder in a baseball game sprinting after a double into the gap.

By autumn, Harrison had that boy at Jamaica College, running under his tutelage. Now the runner sprints for the British national team.
    Jamaica College?!?? Or Munr...who do I bother!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, a couple of mistakes, the worse one was saying the KC wore blue and white, I had to laugh at that myself. He probably saw a JC youth and confused that with KC or he is color blind!?

Comment

And he said Norman Manley was a prime minister.

Happy he got to experience Champs still.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Even with those errors and a few others, it was an article worth reading. He got the essence of the Champs right.

This was my favorite part of the article, because it is so true.

There was none of that recorded “Make Some Noise!” baloney as at Madison Square Garden. The sound was organic and rolled like the ocean.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Even with those errors and a few others, it was an article worth reading. He got the essence of the Champs right.

"There was none of that recorded “Make Some Noise!” baloney as at Madison Square Garden. The sound was organic and rolled like the ocean."

This was my favorite part of the article, because it is so true.
            For sure, I do appreciate the article.

And yes, that is my favorite part. I absolutely hate going to American sporting events and listen to the phony cheers!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Glad yuh nuh touch di fridge part.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Dat is true too! I have heard reports of that even this year.

He could have said it was not legal though.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Common knowledge dat now, X.

Is the practice illegal, Islandman?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK sah , time flies , what a difference a month makes.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Yes, a couple of mistakes, the worse one was saying the KC wore blue and white, I had to laugh at that myself. He probably saw a JC youth and confused that with KC or he is color blind!?
                      My My.... even this unaware stranger is caught in our overwhelming power without knowing it.

Seeing JC everywhere is a side effect. I guess that's why the country was named after us
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        My My.... even this unaware stranger is caught in our overwhelming power without knowing it.

Seeing JC everywhere is a side effect. I guess that's why the country was named after us
                        Any comments on this

"Top high schools compete ferociously, sometimes offering refrigerators to poor families if their children will transfer."
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Well you have a point. I don't know if it is explicitly illegal but it is not endorsed

Comment

I've made it very clear that I'm against such reckless transfer methods. I'm not against transfers per se but they must closely monitored to ensure that the athletes remain students FIRST!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                              Any comments on this

"Top high schools compete ferociously, sometimes offering refrigerators to poor families if their children will transfer."
                              If someone needs a nice fridge this sounds like a good deal
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X