No announcement yet.

Willi? Damn? How to fire your coach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi? Damn? How to fire your coach...

How to fire your coach

Published on June 2, 2015 | by Alan Abrahamson

Track and field

In December, 2004, David Oliver, just 22, graduated from Howard University, a star in football and track. He moved the very next month to Florida, intent on becoming a star on the professional track circuit, and started working with coach Brooks Johnson.

Oliver is now 33, the 2008 Beijing Games bronze medalist in the 110-meter high hurdles, the 2013 world champion. He is a father, a family man. He is the same guy and yet very different from that 22-year-old. “I do owe the man a ton of credit,” Oliver said. “I learned everything from him.”

This was after David Oliver fired Brooks Johnson — in response to a profanity-laced text message Johnson had sent after Oliver’s run Saturday at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Oregon.

http://www.3wiresports.com/2015/06/0...re-your-coach/
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Hmmm...Oliver's response seems a bit over the top. Maybe there is more going on there, as he hinted.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think its classy actually.

if you read it you can see that it is stemming from a lack of respect by his coach who seems to thinks that he is still 22 and can style him any old way ..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He has clearly felt disrespected for a while and has sucked it up for the greater good. However things have changed and he doesn't see the point of taking all that any more.

Sounds to me like a separation was the right thing for both of them, just a shame it couldn't have been handled in a more amicable way but that is life sometimes.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X