Asafa will 100M @ IAAF World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa will 100M @ IAAF World Championships

Asafa shall win the 100M in Beijing this summer. Just watch this space.
    He appears to be in the best shape of his life, he is in top form, and I need to call Vegas soon and see what odds are at this time.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

He should win in the heats...that's about it.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Asafa shall win the 100M in Beijing this summer. Just watch this space.
      He appears to be in the best shape of his life, he is in top form, and I need to call Vegas soon and see what odds are at this time.
      What shape is the head in??
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Any progress report on Blake?
        For Ottey it became a question of entitlement,not so with Asafa.In my opion,the ladies will win every leg of their 4 by 100,all things equal(an in form Bolt who by all indication is almost there and Blake),Cater will probably be matched(by default) with a competitor that he will beat in handing the baton ..,if my guess is right then the US probably will beat its national record but still finishing a distant second.
        You do not give Shelly-Ann Fraser a sizable lead,she will increase it depite whoever her competitor is,Asafa is the same.

Comment

That's in the past, and I blame his coaches for not working to preparing him mentally.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It has all been individual events so far,so I would say good.

Comment

Blake is back to competing after a year off. He has a ways to go before he is in world class form.

Race Video from facebook
              Observer report

Comment

Thanks Hortical.

Comment

When Asafa runs 9.7 mid mash I will start believing again.

Comment

Right now, the American men's 4x100m team is ahead of us with the emergence of Bracy. However, knowing how our coaches prepare our athletes to peak for championships, I am not particularly worried at the moment. All things will be revealed come Trials.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

As is,I do not see Gatlin beating Bolt,Asafa is looking good against that moran that made that cut throat gesture,Gay will eat the dust made by a fully recovered Blake's spikes,and Cater is a formidable starter.Sure it is Asafa against Gatlin but the cumulative times in the end will,be the decider.The US athletes are recording some phenominal times by THEIR standard,nothing new,THAT never made the difference in the past.
                      Is Blake a waan pick up exactly were he left off.

Comment

What have you seen that suggests that his mental problems are in the past?

I also don't know if it is fair to say that his former camp did not try to help him overcome those issues.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Gatlin's 9.60 change looks a challenge. ...and that even for Bolt at his best!!!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wishful Thinking?

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                            As is,I do not see Gatlin beating Bolt,Asafa is looking good against that moran that made that cut throat gesture,Gay will eat the dust made by a fully recovered Blake's spikes,and Cater is a formidable starter.Sure it is Asafa against Gatlin but the cumulative times in the end will,be the decider.The US athletes are recording some phenominal times by THEIR standard,nothing new,THAT never made the difference in the past.
                            Is Blake a waan pick up exactly were he left off.
                            You mentioned a “fully recovered Blake.” Will Blake be fully recovered by late August, 2015? I, for one, would not be happy to see Blake in a global meet until the 2016 Olympic Games.

Also, you stated, quite surprisingly, that “the US athletes are recording some phenomenal time by their standards, nothing new, that NEVER made the difference in the past.” Rockie, surely you must be new to track and field; that is, you must have started watching global track and field since Beijing 2008.

Trust me, aside from that extremely close win by the British at the 2004 Olympics (caused primarily by poor USA baton changes), the USA has always been at the forefront, except for those times when they have had baton change problems.

Finally, there is no surety that Asafa Powell win outrun Ryan Bailey. In fact, I would be very surprised if Asafa does that! Think back, to cite one example, to the 2007 IAAF World Championships: did you seriously expect that Derrick Atkins would have outrun Asafa Powell in the 100-meter dash?

Archive this now: The USA men can certainly -- and may -- win the 4x100-meter relay in Beijing in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              Archive this now: The USA men can certainly -- and may -- win the 4x100-meter relay in Beijing in August.
                              Sheesh, Historian! Could you be less decisive?

Ok, archive this: the Japanese men can certainly - and may - win the 4x100-meter relay in Beijing in August.

Prove me wrong!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X