X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked IAAF doping files reveal 'extraordinary extent of che

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/33749208

Bolt is as clean as a whistle.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Bolt is the quintessential ambassador!
    I believe Gatlin would have been named as Bolt was if his tests were negative(lingering questions.. and he is in winning form).
    I could,be wrong but I am mindful of the timely disclosures of Gatling being tested on numerous occasions without a word regarding the results.

Comment

I don't know why they just don't allow it an' done!... yeah, I know... good reasons not to, but...
      Peter R

Comment

I Understand, Peter, But....

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        I don't know why they just don't allow it an' done!... yeah, I know... good reasons not to, but...
        I understand your sentiments, Peter, but drugs in sports cannot be allowed to continue! All it would mean is that the more developed, wealthy countries would create new, expensive and effective drugs (remember BALCO Labs?), and where would the poor athletes like so many from the Caribbean be?

The East Germans used serious performance enhancing drugs to their benefit (see, for example, the seemingly unbreakable women’s 400-meter world record) for many years. In fact, I always maintain that Merlene Ottey and that Jamaican 4x100-meter relay team (Dahlia Duhaney, Juliet Cuthbert, Beverley McDonald and Ottey) that won the gold medal at the 1991 IAAF World Championships in Tokyo, Japan, were damn lucky, because although the Americans were not in that final, the East Germans and the Soviet Union were!!

In addition, an obviously clean, natural talent like Usain Bolt would be so much less impressive if drugs were allowed freely in the sport.

The scheduled and unscheduled tests must continue in the name of fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          I understand your sentiments, Peter, but drugs in sports cannot be allowed to continue! All it would mean is that the more developed, wealthy countries would create new, expensive and effective drugs (remember BALCO Labs?), and where would the poor athletes like so many from the Caribbean be?

I do not know about that, Historian?
          Is it willingness to not use that have had so few of our athletes testing negative?

The few (of our athletes) who tested positive found a way. Right?

The East Germans used serious performance enhancing drugs to their benefit (see, for example, the seemingly unbreakable women’s 400-meter world record) for many years.
          ...and then there is also the USA's Flo-Jo's 10.6 change? ...and did Carl Lewis run super-charged or did he not?

Point taken - Those who took drugs did so for their own benefit!

In fact, I always maintain that Merlene Ottey and that Jamaican 4x100-meter relay team (Dahlia Duhaney, Juliet Cuthbert, Beverley McDonald and Ottey) that won the gold medal at the 1991 IAAF World Championships in Tokyo, Japan, were damn lucky, because although the Americans were not in that final, the East Germans and the Soviet Union were!!
          The serious question! Why do you say, that our outstanding ladies 4 x 100M were lucky?

In addition, an obviously clean, natural talent like Usain Bolt would be so much less impressive if drugs were allowed freely in the sport.

The scheduled and unscheduled tests must continue in the name of fairness.

One thing this testing has unearthed is, it is possible an athlete can compete during an entire athletic career using 'banned substance' and retire 'clean'=never once being found out!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dang! Him skip ova Flo Jo...hmmmm

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Flo Jo:
              *100m PB & WR = 10.49
              *200m PB & WR = 21.34
              Peter R

Comment

How historian omit that one I will never know! Maybe he was blinded by the rockets red glare and the bombs bursting in air...hey, it could happen!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why do you say, that our outstanding ladies 4 x 100M were lucky?
                  Lucky in the sense that the East Germans were some way ahead courtesy of a blistering second leg by drugged-up Katrin Krabbe, but made a horrible final baton change that may have caused them the race.

I would argue that such things are a natural part of sprint relay running though.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                  X